Hotel Recommendations in Chennai.

Superman

Registered Users (C)
Please post any Hotel Recommendations for CP Interview @ Chennai Interms of price, location, quality, etc. Outsiders may need 3 rooms. Picking up a convinient, in-expensive is required. You may have to pay for 3 rooms for a wk. Please suggest some places.
I heard Pamgrove maintanace is very bad although convenient for Lister /Medicals /Consulate. Residency is too expensive: Rs. 2,500/day convenient and good. How about New Wood Lands ?. I stayed @ New Picnic by Railway Stn. That was o.k. But I don\'t know how far consulate is from Railway Stn. Advise.

No Title

I also need this information. Though i can pick up some
useful hints from Superman, coz mine is in Feb :)

No Title

Do we need to give Chennai local address for the passport delivery after the completion of the interview? If I don\'t know anybody in Chennai, what should I do?

I am in the same boat

I think you should give the Hotel address. Can any of the recent
CPers please clarify!

pkp/ GC Despo, You can give hotel address

You have to give the receipt to front desk so that they can take the delivery. I have seen several people doing this. Just take a copy for you just in case. You need to stay in Chennai atleast until the delivery to make sure they did not mess up your info. on PP.

Hotel Maris/Ranjith/New Wood Lands/ Savera/Chola

are good location wise and costs are in increasing orded. All are very close to Consulate/Lab/Medicals. Let\'s us hear any comments on these hotels.

Hotel Rohini International

I stayed for 4 days at Rohini International. It is located at T.Nagar and 10 - 15 mins drive from the consulate. Auto Fare is Rs.20-Rs.25
Ac Double bed is Rs 875, walkable to T.Nagar for shopping, browsing centers, sarvana bhavan.
Recommendation: Above average

Stayed for 2 days at Bhaskar Palace. AC Deluxe Rs.1,300 + Tax
Not Recommended. Expensive,nothing special.

Re - Hotel Maris/Ranjith/New Wood Lands/ Savera/Chola

Except Chola all are three star hotel. You can add Palmgrove which is walkable distance to Consulate. Residency is close to Consulate. All the above accomadation and Residency you had to use transportation to reach to consulate.

I am from Chennai expecting Feb interview let me know if you need to know something

Yes

Yes, I gave the hotel address. Blue Dart delivered it at 11:15 AM next day (it was a saturday in my case).

New woodlands was good except

checkin/checkout time is 12:00 noon.
It was very clean and comfortable. Double Deluxe A/C room costs Rs 950 + 25% tax.

Palmgrove was dirty and was not worth the money. I tried because it
was closer to the consulate. I wouldn\'t stay there again even if it is free.