Hot off the press - Lawyers liason meeting with CSC

inWaiting

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke to my lawyer this morning. She had attended a liason meeting with CSC yesterday. Here's what came out of that meeting:

They are still not processing any cases. (Not that we didn't know about it, we just wanted to hear it "officially"). They have been busy putting up their whole new system (ppl, departments, security checks) in place and now have a huge backlog on the additional security checks that they are imposing. What exactly these security checks comprise of, I do not know, but I do know that they take about 2 weeks to complete for a person.

They are currently in the process of completing these backlogged security checks. They expect to resume adjusting cases by the first week of February.

I guess only time will tell how long its really going to be. It ain't over till its over.

If this is true I owe you a beer, man

Originally posted by inWaiting
... They expect to resume adjusting cases by the first week of February.

or whatever you drink! :)

These are only lame excuses, if somebody want to work they can work. We have been hearing different versions that CSC will start working again on "different dates". But I can't understand why all this happening in CSC why not in VSC or NSC. Or is it that CSC folks are in hurry to implement new changes in INS structure.

Then why do they cache checks sent for EAD renewals (for example) immediately when all this new stuff is being put in place? So they can still collect money even if everything is being reorganized, but they cannot do their job at the same time... interesting...very interesting....

inWaiting,

Thanks for the update! It is definitely good of you to let us know. Even though I am under the impression that the INS is filled by a bunch of incompetent Morons, I still don't believe they would outright lie in the liason meetings. Besides by all indications I do tend to believe this post. Just based up the approvals scenario. I am sure CSC will catch up and over take VSC, NSC etc. Once the processing resumes. Sucks about the 2 week delay, but don't think it is going to be more than a small annoyance to most people considering people like Silly Man etc, have been waiting for over 1 year and people like PCee even longer!

We will await first week of Feb with baited breaths.

Thanks once again!

bunch of baloney and bull shit and elephant shit

Coz , why the f**k the delay/rule(s) applies only to CSC ,not to other service center.

How come VSC and other service center are chunking out approvals . and CSC is not.

CSC is lier and assholes.

-jay

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spkoe to my lawyer and according to her, CSC will start AOS processing after first week of March.

I think they are not approving the case but sending the RFE. One of my friend get RFE day before yesterday.

Originally posted by inWaiting
They expect to resume adjusting cases by the first week of February.

You didn't say February '03 or February '04

My bet is '04.

Useless, unaccountable, incompetant government employees strike again.

GettingCloserNow

You must be a hardcore optimist to bet it on 04, I will not bet on such a deterministic period. It may be NN where NN--> infinity.

Last night my family had a same dream
I saw the CSC INS was saying that they will start working in Feb'03
My wife saw that CSC INS was saying that they will start working in april'03
My elder son saw that CSC INS was saying that they will never start again
My younger son saw that INS was saying that they never stopped working.

see even in dream they are not consistent

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have seen this pattern that CSC stops doing something for couple of months and then starts and does many months worth of work in one month. They seem to concentrate on one thing alone. APs seem to be fast now... I hope this happens with 485s when they start again. Anyone has done any study on their working patterns?

I have already seen these patterns just too many number of times , I am kind of used to it now, its been over 15 months,
have an rd of oct 01, and nd of nov 16th 01,
some times it is the security check, some times system update, some times annual audit, god knows what they are planning to come up with next...2 weeks to allow the janitors to sweep the floors!! it mite help, am sure few of our applications are lying some where under the desks..........
:mad: :mad: :mad:

bombayboys

Originally posted by vipsha
Last night my family had a same dream
I saw the CSC INS was saying that they will start working in Feb'03
My wife saw that CSC INS was saying that they will start working in april'03
My elder son saw that CSC INS was saying that they will never start again
My younger son saw that INS was saying that they never stopped working.

see even in dream they are not consistent

Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've ever read. HAHA :D :D :D :D

>>>> They are currently in the process of completing these backlogged security checks. They expect to resume adjusting cases by the first week of February.

Hum ko maloom hay CSC ki haqeeqath laikin
Dil kay khush rakhnay ko Ghalib ye khayal acha hay