horrible experience with n400 in Fairvax VA.

kurdsin1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all , i would like to share my experience with my n400 and how my interviews went , i said interviews because i've had two of them .
Now long story short , first n400 filled in feb of 2011 FP were done in march , then horrible news my baby brother got into motorcycle accident on apr 25 back in my home country , i left USA on 26 of apr, but by the time i got home my baby brother had past away my only brother was going. Two months later i came back for my interview as it was on July 6th ,went for my interview hoping to get approved so i can go back to support my Mom , ok now, i was taken into io's office and my interview started , man she was rude , most mean person i've ever seen in Usa , after asking me what was my last visit to my home country was for? and i replied that my brother has past away she din't even say i'm sorry , it felt like i was been interrogated any ways she handed me a n652 with decision can't be made yet , and three weeks later i've got denied because of 3month residency as i was short one week .
Alright now, reapplied again on sep 27 20011 fp done in nov and interview was done on march 13 2012 , this time i've hired the lawyer ,went in on march 13 my name was called and that is when horror started again as turned around and saw the same lady ,can you believe that it was her again man my heart started pounding so fast , it was an interrogation again for 1:15 minutes , she was very rude again very unprofessional as my lawyer was shocked too , she handed me n652 again with decision can't me made , and i'm waiting now for a month already .
Now little bid about me , got married to usc bac in my home country in 2004 i was just 21 at that time , came here in 2006 then in 2010 we got separated so i applied on 5 year rule , my record was clean until 2009 not even a speeding ticket , then in 2009 got arrested and later that year my case was dismissed , no probation or anything just payed some fines and that was it , on the day of the arrest was not even taken to the jail i was just released after some questioning. I did provide io with court disposition and everything and also my lawyer wrote a letter explaining how incident happened.

Now guys i have some questions what do you think will i get approved ? and if anybody by chance got interviewed by the same lady in fairfax va let me know the outcome . Io was in her late 50s dark skin Spanish looking lady and very very mean as said, trust me if you have you would know who i'm talking about .
Thank you guys in advance sorry for long story just felt like i should share my story with all you so that when you go for your interview you will be ready for anything .

Hi all , i would like to share my experience with my n400 and how my interviews went , i said interviews because i've had two of them .
Now long story short , first n400 filled in feb of 2011 FP were done in march , then horrible news my baby brother got into motorcycle accident on apr 25 back in my home country , i left USA on 26 of apr, but by the time i got home my baby brother had past away my only brother was going. Two months later i came back for my interview as it was on July 6th ,went for my interview hoping to get approved so i can go back to support my Mom , ok now, i was taken into io's office and my interview started , man she was rude , most mean person i've ever seen in Usa , after asking me what was my last visit to my home country was for? and i replied that my brother has past away she din't even say i'm sorry , it felt like i was been interrogated any ways she handed me a n652 with decision can't be made yet , and three weeks later i've got denied because of 3month residency as i was short one week .
Alright now, reapplied again on sep 27 20011 fp done in nov and interview was done on march 13 2012 , this time i've hired the lawyer ,went in on march 13 my name was called and that is when horror started again as turned around and saw the same lady ,can you believe that it was her again man my heart started pounding so fast , it was an interrogation again for 1:15 minutes , she was very rude again very unprofessional as my lawyer was shocked too , she handed me n652 again with decision can't me made , and i'm waiting now for a month already .
Now little bid about me , got married to usc bac in my home country in 2004 i was just 21 at that time , came here in 2006 then in 2010 we got separated so i applied on 5 year rule , my record was clean until 2009 not even a speeding ticket , then in 2009 got arrested and later that year my case was dismissed , no probation or anything just payed some fines and that was it , on the day of the arrest was not even taken to the jail i was just released after some questioning. I did provide io with court disposition and everything and also my lawyer wrote a letter explaining how incident happened.

Now guys i have some questions what do you think will i get approved ? and if anybody by chance got interviewed by the same lady in fairfax va let me know the outcome . Io was in her late 50s dark skin Spanish looking lady and very very mean as said, trust me if you have you would know who i'm talking about .
Thank you guys in advance sorry for long story just felt like i should share my story with all you so that when you go for your interview you will be ready for anything .

All you can do is pray and hope you can get approved god is the only hope you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear this man this is one of the worst feelings in the world by getting denied your citizenship i'm on the same boat brother, i don't know whats wrong with this immigration system but i all i know is that its a mess now and they need to hire/train better IO's in every state almost all of them are rude and don't give a crap and wont listen to anything you say and some IO's cant even speak english correctly like come on how did you even get hired at this kind of position where you decide the fate of people's lives it's compleatly unfair and unjust. All you can do is pray and hope you can get approved god is the only hope you have.

Thanks man for kind words , and yes you are right her English was terrible i could barely understand her , so what is your situation ? did you too get no decision can be made?

Thanks man for kind words , and yes you are right her English was terrible i could barely understand her , so what is your situation ? did you too get no decision can be made?

no problem.

I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. It ie very unfortunate that you had to undergo such a harsh treatment at your interviews. Some people are not just lucky enough at the citizenship interview! Wait for a few more weeks to check if you get any notification from the USCIS. If not, make an Infopass appointment and inquire. Keep us posted of the proceedings.

I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. It ie very unfortunate that you had to undergo such a harsh treatment at your interviews. Some people are not just lucky enough at the citizenship interview! Wait for a few more weeks to check if you get any notification from the USCIS. If not, make an Infopass appointment and inquire. Keep us posted of the proceedings.

jessicapotter thank you very much , i did make an infopass for the 17th of this month which will be 5 weeks since the interview ,and i will let you know the progress thanks.

Could you clarify what you mean by "i've got denied because of 3month residency as i was short one week"?
Did you move to a new state shortly before submitting your (first) N-400 in February 2011?

Also, please provide more details regarding your 2009 arrest and its subsequent disposition. What exactly were you arrested for? You say that "just payed some fines". Did you plead down to some less serious offense than the one you were originally charged with? The fact that you had to pay a fine suggests that you may have pleaded guilty or no contenst to something. If yes, it is important to know to what exactly, since this may affect your current eligibility for naturalization.

Could you clarify what you mean by "i've got denied because of 3month residency as i was short one week"?
Did you move to a new state shortly before submitting your (first) N-400 in February 2011?

Also, please provide more details regarding your 2009 arrest and its subsequent disposition. What exactly were you arrested for? You say that "just payed some fines". Did you plead down to some less serious offense than the one you were originally charged with? The fact that you had to pay a fine suggests that you may have pleaded guilty or no contenst to something. If yes, it is important to know to what exactly, since this may affect your current eligibility for naturalization.

Hi baikal3 i got denied because i moved to VA in nov of 2010 and applied in feb 2011 i was just one week short of a three month residency policy .
Now the arrest history, i was payed to transport a vehicle from an auto auction to a destination about 30 miles away , i was told that a car has a dealer's plate on it , i was just inexperience back than just got my dealer's license few weeks prior to that and plus person who ask me to do that was an acquaintance of mine and i had no problem doing that because like i said he was paying me too . So when i left the auction i was pulled over shortly after that and found out that that plate was stolen off of some vehicle back in 2006 i was not even in USA at that time lol, now the vehicle i was driving has had title in it from the auction and everything was good on that part as they could see that it was purchased on that day from the auction ,i explained to cops everything and they called the owner of the plate and owner said he does not want to press the charges either .I was released few hours later and went home ,and i never pleaded guilty to that charge ,i just payed fine for driving with no insurance and fine for driving unregistered vehicle and also apparently if you drive with no insurance in NJ you get your license suspended which i did for one year in NJ only and that was it , of course i've had a lawyer representing me at court.
So baikal3 please let me know what do you think will i get approve ? thanks for your time .

Hi baikal3 i got denied because i moved to VA in nov of 2010 and applied in feb 2011 i was just one week short of a three month residency policy .
Now the arrest history, i was payed to transport a vehicle from an auto auction to a destination about 30 miles away , i was told that a car has a dealer's plate on it , i was just inexperience back than just got my dealer's license few weeks prior to that and plus person who ask me to do that was an acquaintance of mine and i had no problem doing that because like i said he was paying me too . So when i left the auction i was pulled over shortly after that and found out that that plate was stolen off of some vehicle back in 2006 i was not even in USA at that time lol, now the vehicle i was driving has had title in it from the auction and everything was good on that part as they could see that it was purchased on that day from the auction ,i explained to cops everything and they called the owner of the plate and owner said he does not want to press the charges either .I was released few hours later and went home ,and i never pleaded guilty to that charge ,i just payed fine for driving with no insurance and fine for driving unregistered vehicle and also apparently if you drive with no insurance in NJ you get your license suspended which i did for one year in NJ only and that was it , of course i've had a lawyer representing me at court.
So baikal3 please let me know what do you think will i get approve ? thanks for your time .

If the only fines you had to pay in relation to that arreast were for driving violations, and if you did not plead guilty/no contest to any criminal charges, then, IMO, you should be OK and your N-400 should be approved.

Very very sorry for your terrible loss. I believe the USCIS officers are kind of overworked, but they should acknowledge the loss of human life, really strange how you were treated.

I would wait and see what the outcome of your 2nd interview is. Since for the first time you were denied only because of state residency, it seems to me that you should be fine this time. In case they call you in for another round of interview, talk to your lawyer and ask if it is possible that you can request a different officer based on your bad experience with her.

Please keep us posted. Hope for all the best for you!

Very very sorry for your terrible loss. I believe the USCIS officers are kind of overworked, but they should acknowledge the loss of human life, really strange how you were treated.

I would wait and see what the outcome of your 2nd interview is. Since for the first time you were denied only because of state residency, it seems to me that you should be fine this time. In case they call you in for another round of interview, talk to your lawyer and ask if it is possible that you can request a different officer based on your bad experience with her.

Please keep us posted. Hope for all the best for you!

Thank you all for kind words i really appreciated and i'll for sure keep you guys updated !

Thank you all for kind words i really appreciated and i'll for sure keep you guys updated !

Could you give us some extra information/examples how the IO was unprofessional or rude?
What was the reason you took a lawyer with you? (since the first rejection was simply based on technicality (early filing))

Could you give us some extra information/examples how the IO was unprofessional or rude?
What was the reason you took a lawyer with you? (since the first rejection was simply based on technicality (early filing))

Well first of all when she called my name and me and my lawyer approached her and we both ask her how is she doing she just ignored us and din't even ask how we were doing just turned around and started walking to her office , second thing was and most eval one that i think personally she did is when i said to her that i just came back from my home country because my baby brother has passed away she din't even said i'm sorry to hear that ,she just ignored that as she din't even hear that part, through out the interview she never smiled just eval face you know just bad person .My interview was for 1:15 minutes and it was hell ,my lawyer almost lost it ,and afterwards he said to me he has never seen anything like this before . Anyways all i want is just to get my citizenship and be done with it.

Well first of all when she called my name and me and my lawyer approached her and we both ask her how is she doing she just ignored us and din't even ask how we were doing just turned around and started walking to her office , second thing was and most eval one that i think personally she did is when i said to her that i just came back from my home country because my baby brother has passed away she din't even said i'm sorry to hear that ,she just ignored that as she din't even hear that part, through out the interview she never smiled just eval face you know just bad person .My interview was for 1:15 minutes and it was hell ,my lawyer almost lost it ,and afterwards he said to me he has never seen anything like this before . Anyways all i want is just to get my citizenship and be done with it.

I thought your brother passed away before the first interview and you had a lawyer present at the second interview.
What was she doing unprofessionally during that 1:15?

My 2 cents:

1. IO is not your friend. I don't think she is unprofessional, just because she did not say sorry for your loss or she did not smile.
2. "How are you doing?" is not a question, it is a greeting
3. If your lawyer "almost lost it", hire another one.

I thought your brother passed away before the first interview and you had a lawyer present at the second interview.
What was she doing unprofessionally during that 1:15?

My 2 cents:

1. IO is not your friend. I don't think she is unprofessional, just because she did not say sorry for your loss or she did not smile.
2. "How are you doing?" is not a question, it is a greeting
3. If your lawyer "almost lost it", hire another one.

Like i said everything was unprofessional the first interview and second interview as well , and if you think that is ok treating people that way is your 2 cents not mine , and if you don't have anything nice to say just don't say anything .

My 2 cents:

1. Does't matter, ALWAYS treat people the way you would want to be treated lets see how that immigration officer would feel if she was in his shoes and got disrespected and treated/interrogated like a criminal? I have no idea what that lady's problem is but she deserves to get fired from her job we pay good money to get our citizenship the least they can do is show some respect and be nice at our interview even if they are going to deny you.
2. I don't know what world you live in Kim_gong but where i'm from "How Are You?? is a question which almost 99.9% of Americans respond in saying "fine". Didn't you attend school in the U.S.? this is the stuff you learned in kinder-garden.
3.Any human being would have been pissed off/Irritated on how unprofessional and disrespectful the IO was to him weather being a lawyer or not.

It is really scary that some IOs treat every applicant at the interview as a criminal... But we, applicants, cannot do anything about this - this is a moral issue, they may be rude and disrespectful, because they want to show power over applicants, because they decide fates of the people, "whom to hang, and to whom to give mercy". Only go to the court if you feel that the denial is unfair...

My 2 cents:

1. Does't matter, ALWAYS treat people the way you would want to be treated lets see how that immigration officer would feel if she was in his shoes and got disrespected and treated/interrogated like a criminal? I have no idea what that lady's problem is but she deserves to get fired from her job we pay good money to get our citizenship the least they can do is show some respect and be nice at our interview even if they are going to deny you.
2. I don't know what world you live in Kim_gong but where i'm from "How Are You?? is a question which almost 99.9% of Americans respond in saying "fine". Didn't you attend school in the U.S.? this is the stuff you learned in kinder-garden.
3.Any human being would have been pissed off/Irritated on how unprofessional and disrespectful the IO was to him weather being a lawyer or not.

1. Again, IO is an agent and not your buddy, police officers, border patrol agents usually don't smile, and it does NOT mean they are unprofessional. They ask questions and you answer. Being nice or smiley doesn't mean they are fair ;)

2. If she said hello or hi after or before the other party's "How are you doing?", that's more than enough. If you check my signature you can reach the conclusion that there is a good chance that I did not attend to a US kinder garden :)

3. Not your lawyer. You don't want to risk, that he/she gets irritated working on your case.

I'm not saying she was not mean or unprofessional. I just felt the story had some discrepancies.

It is really scary that some IOs treat every applicant at the interview as a criminal... But we, applicants, cannot do anything about this - this is a moral issue, they may be rude and disrespectful, because they want to show power over applicants, because they decide fates of the people, "whom to hang, and to whom to give mercy". Only go to the court if you feel that the denial is unfair...

Deleted.