Hope at last.... Welcome Notice

gcnohope

Registered Users (C)
The status of both me and my wife has changed to

On June 27, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

I guess that is a good sign. What are the next steps?

I am planning to move from the address in mid August. do we need to inform USCIS about that, even if we get the GC by that time.

PD july 2002
category EB2
i140/485 RD mar 2005
140 AD jun 2005
FP july 2005
RFE on 485 june 1st 2006
RFE received jun 12th 2006
RFE answered and acknowledged jun 16th 2006
485 status change to Welcome letter june 27th 2006

congrats

gcnohope said:
The status of both me and my wife has changed to

On June 27, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

I guess that is a good sign. What are the next steps?

I am planning to move from the address in mid August. do we need to inform USCIS about that, even if we get the GC by that time.

PD july 2002
category EB2
i140/485 RD mar 2005
140 AD jun 2005
FP july 2005
RFE on 485 june 1st 2006
RFE received jun 12th 2006
RFE answered and acknowledged jun 16th 2006
485 status change to Welcome letter june 27th 2006
Let me be the first to congratulate you! You are approved!

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope everyone will get their approvals pretty soon.

Do you guys have any idea about my address change question earlier.

I will be moving from the present address in mid august. do we need to file AR11 or is it not required if we receive GC by then. Any answers will be really appreciated.

First Congradulations for your approval. AR11 is required for all immigrants until you become a US citizen.

IBelieve said:
First Congradulations for your approval. AR11 is required for all immigrants until you become a US citizen.

Thanks for the info, IBelieve. Now waiting for the approval mail and the cards.

See the irony, after waiting eagerly for so many days, we got this message, when I and my two year old both are really sick and have been hospitalized the last few days. So, celebrations have to wait till we recover. But anyway its been such a great relief, one of the happiest days of my life.

Hope and wish everyone here enjoys the feeling soon.

gcnohope,

Congratulations!!! Guess you can change your name to "gcnoproblem".

My online status also changed today (06/28) with identical welcome notice message like yours. I am eagerly waiting for approval notice and card. Until then, I am keeping my finger crossed.

All the best to you and other friends in this forum!

gcnohope,

Are you from a retro country? I do not know if this will have an impact on how fast things proceed next (like approvla notice and card).

I saw a couple of other friends in this forum from non retro country received approval and card pretty soon after the welcome notice...

All the best!

I am from India. My priority date is July 2nd 2002. I missed the April cutoff date by just one day, as PD for april was July 1st 2002. But anyway it feels good even now. Hope we get our cards and approval notices soon.

Finally received email today saying case has been approved for both me and my wife :) .

Now waiting for the physical notice and card. Any follow up after getting these? Do I need to inform any one about these?