Honeymoon in the Dumps

mango347

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a funk here. My husband and I got married recently and we've been planning to go to Asia for our honeymoon next year preferably during the springtime. However, I just found out that my green card expired 12/28/17. I just filed my N-400 application, but I am now reading how long the total process takes and I am getting increasingly stressed about it.

I have a Republic of Korea passport, but I'm assuming because I was young(?), I am on the same passport as my mom's. She's the "bearer" and I am listed under "children". This passport expired in 1997.

I feel like there's no hope for the spring honeymoon to Asia now. Seems like this is a very long process from your application being processed, to getting your biometrics, to your interview to even the oath.

My brother got the whole thing done in 6 months, but I still don't think I will be able to make it. I was thinking maybe I can get my passport renewed, but I don't think that's even possible since my permanent resident card is expired.

Can someone please advise me? I know this was a hybrid of naturalization and passport questions, but they both kind of link together and I would really like someone's input on this!

Please help!

Apply for a passport.
Then take it and your evidence of n400 and green card renewal application (if you need to do it with filed n400? I think you might) and get an i551 stamp at your local uscis office.