Home mortgage

super1966

Registered Users (C)
An unrelated question but maybe some of you can help. Has any of been able to get a home mortgage before getting a green card. If so can you give the name of the company

No Title

I just signed up. All the banks should be able to give you the loan on your H1.

I know third federal savings is the one I signed up with.

Chets

hey...take it easy......man.....

sometimes there are questions not exactly related to GC but which can be better answered by people who are in the same boat.....of harassed immigrants......

so if you don\'t want to be involved with such messages/posts....just ignore them.....

take care.....

Mortgage

HI,

I purchased a new house in MD in 2000. I just mentioned to the Mortgage co. that I am on a H1-B visa....and thats it. No more questions. There are million mortgage companies out there willing to give loans to H1-B candidates. Good Luck.

Thanks Guys

I will try these ones. They seem to be OK for H-1 and Green card holders but are stumped about what to do with guys on EAD and adjustment of status

485ND0921, I also agree.

sometimes it helps because so many guys are in the same boat.....of harassed immigrants......

Thanks.

I agree with super1996

I bought a condo in march 1997. I landed here in Nov 1996. No credit history. Just paid the rent fot 6 months and car loan for 3 months.
GMAC(mortgage comapny) wanted IT returns filed in India for the years 96 & 95 and once I furnished they sanctioned the loan.

But when I tried to refinance last week they did not accept my EAD and rather wanted GC or H1.