Home Mortgage - on AC21

wheretogo

Registered Users (C)
I am working on EAD with one of the Big bank. I am in process of buying home. I applied Home mortgage in my company. They asked me about my legal status and I have given I-485 receipt, EAD copy and explain my GC is pending. But they are keep asking me for visa status. And I have explained told, I came in USA on H1B visa. But they are still not sure about my status.

Anyone have experience on this?

wheretogo said:
I am working on EAD with one of the Big bank. I am in process of buying home. I applied Home mortgage in my company. They asked me about my legal status and I have given I-485 receipt, EAD copy and explain my GC is pending. But they are keep asking me for visa status. And I have explained told, I came in USA on H1B visa. But they are still not sure about my status.

Anyone have experience on this?

As long as you can show some papers for your leagl stay, you will not have any problems in getting your loan. I just did it last august and happy home owner.

Check Bank's Policy or Rules

It is true some lenders either know about Green card or about H1b.
You will require to show them EAD and mentioned about that you need to renew it every year. (do not waste time to explain about AC21 etc.) just show them EAD that is all.
If Lender/Banker's underwriter is still not convince then you can show additional documents (485 Receipt, FP Receipt etc) but if they decide to stick to their rule then there is nothing much you can do. You can always shop at other bank or lender (unless your bank is giving you some specials!)

Again try to talk directly with manager or senior underwriter. Loan Officer may not have knowledge about INS rules or underwriting rules.

Good Luck,
-Sudh

First of all they can't deny you based on legal status ( EAD ). I that happens make sure you get that in writing and then hire someone to sue them. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: