Holding of Original passpor for OCI application

csatyasrinivas

I have a concern on concern on holding of Original passport until the OCI application is approved. Right now, TRAVISA has posted that it can take upto 180 days to get OCI at Houston. Even with original OCI process at CGI Houston, they request the original passport only after the OCI application is approved.

Holding the passport for 6 months,and,if somebody has to take the passport for a travel in the middle in case of emergency, cancelling the whole OCI process with losing all the money is really frustating and do not make any sense. Why do we need to hold the passport ? Why do you want to cancel the whole OCI Process ?

Can't we do the same thing that CGI Houston has done requesting the original passport at the end of OCI approval process ?

I agree. Sending the original passport with the appliation does not make sense when it is taking 180 days for processing. I have alread send my application and original passport. If you are reluctant to send the passports, you can do two things.
One is to Call them and see if they agree to take the application for HOUSTON without the original passports. Most people had hard time getting hold of a person at Travisa.
The other option could be that you include a cover letter with the application and explain in BIG letters why you did not send the US Passports. I think they will understand but this is just my opinion.

I have been talking to TRAVISAOCI, Houston and filed a complaint too. They have clearly confirmed the primary reason to reject application is not including Original Passports. I am trying to understand what's the basic reason that they need original passport. Can't we request to change this kind of rules, if they decide on the rule, is that final ? Anybody can get into an emergency kind of situation and get into trouble with this kind of rules, so do we have to live with it ?

houstan consulate general is out if mind . He is thinking making money for country.. stupid guy..
its a legal cheating right?
people who wants to travel 2 to 3 months they will apply entry visa (so u dont nee to worry about REGISTRATION )
after visa ppl again apply for OCI ...
so 2 times they getting money