Hold placed on my EAD I-765 case??

Zandi

Hello all, I have applied for I-485 (adjustment of status) being married to US Citizen and at same time I applied for initial EAD, its been close to 110 days now for my RD as you can see on my signature. I took an infopass appt last week, and spoke to an Immigration Officer there, she told me that my case was placed ON HOLD, and all she can do is send an e-mail to the MSC were my case is. Of course and no interim EAD that can be issued as you know.

I waited couple of days and called the 800 number, asked to speak to an immigration officer, he told me the same thing: My case was place on hold on 5/31/2007 and is not active until that hold is removed.

I called my lawyer, and he has never heard of such a thing for EAD applications, he confirmed that such a hold can be placed on I-485’s pending FBI name check, but never heard of a hold on EAD’s.

I contacted my Congressman’s Office and gave all the info to the lady that handles immigration problems there.

Was wondering if you guys had any experience with what I mentioned or heard of such things? Or if you have any advice on what else I can do.

I will lose my job on 7/13/2007 if I don’t get an EAD.

I am in the same boat

My 485/EAD is also on hold.
The written response to my inquiry says that my "I-140" is on hold pending availability of visa......whis is pure BS, as I contacted DOS/NVC and they have no record of any hold, plus I have my A# and my I-140 was approved via PP in 4 days, while 485/765...have no change since last 5 months.

I am from Pakistan....I think I am stuck in name/BG check...

Best of luck

JFD