hold on ead means RFE???

krisnkris

Registered Users (C)
hold on ead means what??

Hi
any body know what exactly "hold on EAD"..
I applied ead/ap/140.485 at vermont in august,i got dates for every thing.
EAD 90 days peroid crossed. so i went and got my intrim EAD for only 3 months because local ins officer saying vermount service center hold on my EAD.So i spoke to ins and they r telling they had a hold on this particular EAD and want us to write a letter to get RFE.so i send letter , but i got REPLY from INS with subject---" expedite " AND saying that if i want to expedite i need to cotact customer service .

so one way they are telling they had a hold on my EAD and if i send a letter to ins they r telling--- i need to contact customer service if i want to expedite my request.

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened to me also. I tried for my interim EAD 2 times. Once in December 2003. Again in Feb 2004 first week. Both the times, they told me that my case is on hold. So, if you got RFE on 140 your case will be on hold.

140/485 RD: Sep 26 2003

140 RFE dt: 12/20/2003 (approx.)
140 RFE replied: 01/21/2004
140 approved: 02/23/2004

xyz....

Which INS office did you try the interim EAD?
I tried to get interim EAD from Philadelphia, they said I cannot get interim EAD as my I140 is pending. I do not have a RFE on I140.

but one officer told me i got an RFE ON EAD ,but when i contacted them with letter they send me letter with SUBJECT:"expedite ",
that means nothing on my cases.
i contacted for one reason and they are raising with another issue.so both are different issues.
what should i do .please help me.

Looks like, if you have RFE on EAD or 140, they will put you on hold. You have to wait until you get a RFE letter from them. Did you check in BCIS website. If there is an RFE, they will update the site.

yes ,i checked with BSCIS, but nothing was updated. but when i contacted them they had RFE on my case on 26th december2003. but they r not sending ,in fact when i contacted them they told me to write a letter for that . i wrote a letter and i got reply back regarding my expedite which i allready explained.

Originally posted by krisnkris
yes ,i checked with BSCIS, but nothing was updated. but when i contacted them they had RFE on my case on 26th december2003. but they r not sending ,in fact when i contacted them they told me to write a letter for that . i wrote a letter and i got reply back regarding my expedite which i allready explained.

krisnkris

There are various documents that the USCIS verifies before adjudicating your case. Some of the documents will be requested from other agencies like IRS, DOL etc. These sgencies have about 2-8 weeks time to reply to USCIS (they are very effective and usually provide the information in 2 weeks). My assumption is that your case is awaiting such document from one of these agencies. USCIS will not disclose the type of evidence it is awaiting. So if you don't have a RFE received it is most possible that your case is "held" for any such document.

hth
dyno

Hi dynobuoy

thanks to ur reply.can u tell me what exactly they check with IRS and DOL.
if so what INS will normally do for this type of issue.
thanks
KRIS

Originally posted by dynobuoy

krisnkris

There are various documents that the USCIS verifies before adjudicating your case. Some of the documents will be requested from other agencies like IRS, DOL etc. These sgencies have about 2-8 weeks time to reply to USCIS (they are very effective and usually provide the information in 2 weeks). My assumption is that your case is awaiting such document from one of these agencies. USCIS will not disclose the type of evidence it is awaiting. So if you don't have a RFE received it is most possible that your case is "held" for any such document.

hth
dyno

I've called BCIS today to check the status of my EAD. Answer is "EAD process will start only after I140 is approved" It's confusing...

Hi xyzzyxxyzyzx

Thanks.and when did u apply ur ead /ap/140/485.
thats strange, i got allready EAD for 3 months.i don't know what the rules and what to do with my case.
kris

140/765/485 RD: Sep 26 2003
140 RFE dt: 12/20/2003 (approx.)
140 RFE replied: 01/21/2004
140 approved: 02/23/2004

EAD : pending..

Hi xyzzyxxyzyzx
thanks agian.
what RFE u got on 140 and what happend to ur AP.
before getting RFE on 140 u ever called INS about ur EAD and what did they told.
thanks
kris

Originally posted by krisnkris
Hi dynobuoy

thanks to ur reply.can u tell me what exactly they check with IRS and DOL.
if so what INS will normally do for this type of issue.
thanks
KRIS

krisnkris

They check various documents about each case.

They check for criminal records from FBI. This will search for patterns of similarities such such as name, originating country etc.

With the DOL they usually check for your company information. If there had been any previous complaints to DOL about your company those information will be made available. Also if your company had made any layoffs and difference in payment history etc can be scrutinised.

From IRS they can verify tax filing information of your company an the applicant.

hth
dyno

krisnkris,
When I called in Dec 2003(before getting RFE), they said, BCIS is working on Sep 1st week EAD applications. Every time I call, I am getting different answer.