Hmm...your points are excellent but vague!!!!

Ahmer123

Registered Users (C)
Firstly, when I said education and providing for family and friends, I did not mean "money", I meant a value (could be money or could be just a piece of advice to someone in your family on what courses to choose).....not necessary hard cash. Understand, when I said growth, I meant perspective!!!!

Now talk about missing stuff back home, how many people who work out of state (I mean where there parents/family and friends are) in India can actually be in touch with then the folks from down here. Now being there when your parents need you, very good point......who says your parents cannot be here exactly the same way as you pointed out your presence there!!! Why can't we work on the problem the way it is supposed to be worked on instead of going around in circles?

How many jobs allow you decent work hours not to mention compensation??? How many people in India (non-IT) can afford to send their kids to decent enough schools, bear for their parents medicines, provide for others in the family who are less fortunate. What do you do when there is an urgent need in your family??? Where do you go in India? Sir, people are selling their body parts to meet both end meets. Should I do the same is a personal judgment call??? This by no means is to insult or humiliate the Diaspora of Indian sub continent who are equally distressed with the situation as I am. It is just that sitting 14000 miles away in a cool air-conditioned room and sipping coffee, I have not forgotten the ground realities.

Understand, those who say they will go back after 5 or whatever years, will NEVER-NEVER leave?? There can never-ever be enough cash in the bank that can convince anyone to leave. If you have to leave, which is equally valid, you leave for something, which is much much bigger the money like your mother or father's health or something of that sort. Money will never get to you there!!!! So forget about putting a limit of 10 yrs. or 20 yrs.

Helping others and talk about making a change is a topic cherished by every Indian heart. But all we do it cherish it, you know why...because the state of affairs is so bad that everyone of us has given up completely. There is no body, no organization, no NGO left in India, which one can trust. Tell me what changes are you going to bring...are you going to educate the viciuos netas or do you have the strength to stand against a corrupt administrative officers. Don't talk kirantikaari for the heck of it, these days they are called terrorist and are shot down by the same people who they are trying to help. This is so easy to talk and seems really possible from so much distant but when you get down to the reality you realize it is not so easy after all !!!!!! you do not fight state machinery just that easy!!!

About culture and education of the kids, when was the last time you went to India. Ask people around, people who have somehow or the other provided decent means to their family, ask them how much culture can they provide when there are threatening calls every day asking for ransom!!! I am not making this up please GO AND ENQUIRE!!!!

At least we know "who is who" here, but my friend you will shocked to realize that "valentines day is a bigger holiday then Id or Diwali" back home. There are families in US who have givent there children the right values (not necesarrily Indian or western) at the same time there are families in India who are more western then even west itself!!!!

The figures speak for themselves, check out the pre-marital and post marital abortion rate, check out the divore and suicide rate, check out the un-employment and illiteracy rate. Where do you want to begin the change?? Pick and choose!!!!

What moral values are you talking about!!! if there were any felt then India would be a significantly better place to live.

Just because we are from a place we have an allegiance to that nation (yes sir we all do...every single one of us) and we think like a good heart like yours think...believe me nothing would give us all more pleasure then going back but should we not be more realistic while thinking about it!!!!

Like I said before, let's call a spade a spade!!!!!

Thanks,