Hit another hurdle -"need additional evidence or info o I485"

genemaster

Registered Users (C)
Again, I have hit a hurdle i processing of my case!

This time, it is the infamous RFE asking for "additional evidence or information regarding my application for permanent residence"

I hope to God it is about my wife's physical exam/vaccinations as she did not do it due to pregnancy at the time of our exam.
Do you guys think this could cause an RFE for both of us? Sometimes the primary can be approved if the secondary (my wife) has an issue like this? We both got an RFE, so what else do you know could be the case for this? Proof of employment? Tax documents?

I am EB-2 ROW PD 3/2003 stuck in NC as of 4/2007...

Thanks for the feedback!!!

GM

Usually the person responsible gets the RFE on his/her I-485....If you both got RFE...then it might 2 different RFE's on each of your case....

Traditionally RFE's on I-485 fall into 3 buckets....
1) EVL - Employement Verification Letter
2) Proof of Legal Status - I-94, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificates etc
3) Medical Test - TB Skin Test

except for (1) - all are pretty straightforward....
If you still work for the same employer - even (1) is pretty straightforward...

Better talk to your lawyer - and ask them to file the reply fast....
I remember a friend got an EVL RFE and he followed up with his lawyere each week...and still took a month for reply....these lawyers kept evading...some bullshit reason each week..for 3-4 weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious if they require medical tests twice, similar to FPs... I could never understand that... Why require FPs every 15 months, but not medical...??

If you already had TB test results in the original package, are there precidents that UCSIS asks for them again? Does anybody know?

why do u want them to require medical every 15 months. I don't understand your logic.
why do you wanna pay 500$ out of your pocket every 15 months for medical and wait for months to have the new medical get back to your file.

yea thanks for polite and civil reply buddy. i hope you get your status soon, this country needs more people like you.

Don't take it personal. I guess we are all stressed out due to USCIS. What I have learned from these forums is that your medical never expires. Now USCIS has also started storing FP's so that applicants wouldn't have to go to the ASC every 15 months.

I hope you get you GC soon!!

the point that i was trying to make was that FP do not change for life, while medical conditions can change in a hurry... so it does not make any sense that they would require FP to be updated instead of medical... in no shape or form though i would want to undergo medical again...

The reason they want FP's again (in some cases) because until recently USCIS was not keeping the actual FP's on file and that's why they have to re-capture them before sending it to FBI for new FP report. It makes sense to get new FP report every 15 months or so just in case if some one had a negative record over the last 15 months. But I do agree that medical status could very well fluctuate too.