• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

High School Certificates vs Degrees ... ATT: gemofthecarib

Education who can make a certificate of high school finished?
In my country i have had the same problem and i went to ministery and them gave me a certificate that said that i have finished my high school and for the embassy it was enough.

There is not in your country a ministery of education who can make a certificate of high school finished?
In my country i have had the same problem and i went to ministery and them gave me a certificate that said that i have finished my high school and for the embassy it was enough.

There is not in your country a ministery of education who can make a certificate of high school finished?

Hmmm, I didn't think about that. I'll investigate.

thanks

Hi all,

Quick follow up to my earlier question:

Would a sealed letter from my country's embassy in London confirming that I have completed high school work in place of a high school certificate/diploma?

thanks

Pilates84 is right. Highly unlikely your embassy could or would do this. Your Ministry of Education is the place.

Hi All,

Happy New Year...

I contacted the Ministry of Education in my country and they said that I should contact the individual schools I attended to get them to confirm that I completed primary and secondary school. If I do this and get letters from my primary and secondary school, would these letters satisfy the consular officer?

thanks

It's unlikely you will need letters from schools confirming you have completed x years of school education.
However it might be helpful to get copies of any national examination results (assuming the exams correspond to what you would normal sit after 12 years or more of education.) For most countries, "The Ministry of Education" or equivalent should be able to provide this.
In your case, I doubt you have much to worry about if you are unable to get these documents...

Lucky,
Sorry I have been away for a while. Your CXC certificates are what they look at. I am assuming that you have done cxc, right? They did not look at my university stuff at all. I was told that they needed my cxc transcripts. You can also call the embassy and explain to them the situation, and see what they say. Try as much as possible to get them from your school though.

Lucky,
Sorry I have been away for a while. Your CXC certificates are what they look at. I am assuming that you have done cxc, right? They did not look at my university stuff at all. I was told that they needed my cxc transcripts. You can also call the embassy and explain to them the situation, and see what they say. Try as much as possible to get them from your school though.

Hi gemofthecarib,

Thanks... Yeah, I did CXC, but 20 years ago and can't find the damn certificate. It's probably filed away in a box somewhere back home. Should I just apply for a certified statement of results from the Ministry of Education or do I need to get a replacement certificate from the CXC?

I'd prefer to go the qualifications route rather than the experience route as it seems a bit less complicated.

Either the statement/ replacement should be fine, but to be certain call the embassy and ask which one they'll accept. They just want to see that you have 5 CXC passes