• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

High Case Number!

Scarnam

Registered Users (C)
Halo guys,

I'm Kenyan based in Nairobi, Kenya. I got my notification letter for greencard in may 2010 and submitted the forms back in July. My case number is however high, 2011AF00089*** I was wondering whether I stand a chance of getting an appointment for a visa interview.

I'm no expert, but seeing that CNs for Africa usually jump a couple good thousands every month I think you do, it'll probably be late though.

Thanks a lot; you are right, CNs usually jump faster in Africa every month compared to other regions. But because Africa usually produces the highest number of selectees every year, I would think that the majority of the 50,000 selectees (from the 100,000 selected) who end up not getting visas come from the region; and this is reflected by the trends from previous years - that in August (second to final month) of every year, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers below the cut-off number 65,000, and only in Sept (final month) that all regional rank numbers become current. My concern is don't they usually exhaust DV visa availability (50,000) prior to September 30? and an applicant like me with a rank number in the regions of 89000's stands no chance?

Scarnam man we just have to keep praying. I am a Cameroonian and my case number is 2011AF89xxx. As you can see from the visa bulletin for the past years, Africa is always current come September which means there are more visa available than the amount of people requesting it. Also you should note that no single country can receive more than 3500 visa's especially with countries such as Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt that have more than 6000 winners. So keep up the faith and from the past bulletins, I realized the 50,000 visa available are never been used till September cause most of the regions are on current which mean there are more visa allocated than the actual demand for them. Anyone with a different opinion is welcome to share his or her ideas and experience with us.. thanks

Good day and like I was saying last night here are the statistics of last year to prove not all the 50,000 DV visa's were used.
travel.state.gov/pdf/FY10AnnualReport-TableIII.pdf
and the link below also gives you the details over the years.
visalawyerblog.com/LPR%20stats%202009.pdf
travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/statistics_1476.html

So lets just pray and hope our visa's are issued in September.

Jimmy.