• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Hiccups with DV-2022 submission

cjwardle

Being well prepared for the current round of DV2022 submissions - data and photo ready - I can't get past the blue "Continue" button at the foot of question 15.

I have tried changing:
Browser - from Chrome to Edge;
Site - from Mobile to Desktop;
Hardware - from phone to tablet (no access to a laptop or PC); and
Timing - multiple attempts at widely varying hours.

However, every time I press that "Continue" button, instead of receiving some sort of confirmation screen and validation number, I only receive the following message:
===
This page isn't working

dvprogram.state.gov didn't send any data,

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
===

Anyone else experiencing this hiccup and found a solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-131957.png
    Screenshot_20201013-131957.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20201013-132309.png
    Screenshot_20201013-132309.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 13
Being well prepared for the current round of DV2022 submissions - data and photo ready - I can't get past the blue "Continue" button at the foot of question 15.

I have tried changing:

However, every time I press that "Continue" button, instead of receiving some sort of confirmation screen and validation number, I only receive the following message:
===
This page isn't working

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
===

That is usually a network connection problem, but it can also happen with multiple browser windows being open at the same time. Enter your details faster.

Hello,
I have a question about dv 22 entry about passport exemption. If someone is residing in the states but he doesn't have a passport because it was expired last year and can't renew his passport because also he is pending asylum. Would that exempt him from the new rule if so can I have a source of the info

Hello,
I have a question about dv 22 entry about passport exemption. If someone is residing in the states but he doesn't have a passport because it was expired last year and can't renew his passport because also he is pending asylum. Would that exempt him from the new rule if so can I have a source of the info
These are the only exemptions allowed. Source: the instructions, instruction #7 and FAQ #12.

An exemption may apply if you are stateless, a national of a Communist-controlled country and unable to obtain a passport from the government of the Communist-controlled country, or the beneficiary of an individual waiver approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State.

The details for the FAQ under the waivers say “Documentation showing that you have been granted refugee status in a country other than your country of nationality because you have been persecuted by the government of your country of nationality, making it impossible for you to obtain a passport from that government without experiencing further harm.“ i don’t quite know enough about asylum to know if asylum pending means you have already been granted refugee status? If not I don’t see that you qualify for an exemption.

These are the only exemptions allowed. Source: the instructions, instruction #7 and FAQ #12.

An exemption may apply if you are stateless, a national of a Communist-controlled country and unable to obtain a passport from the government of the Communist-controlled country, or the beneficiary of an individual waiver approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State.

The details for the FAQ under the waivers say “Documentation showing that you have been granted refugee status in a country other than your country of nationality because you have been persecuted by the government of your country of nationality, making it impossible for you to obtain a passport from that government without experiencing further harm.“ i don’t quite know enough about asylum to know if asylum pending means you have already been granted refugee status? If not I don’t see that you qualify for an exemption.

I do not think asylum pending will qualify for the refugee waiver exception - the asylum case is still pending approval.

Thanks for the reply. Well it's complicated situation. I guess for the time should do more research about it. At the end no harm to apply without it but definitely harm will happen if he renewed his passport. Cuz asylum and refugee doesn't differ just you didn't proof your case yet . So to convince them I guess he will have to discuss his asylum case too . That's how I saw it.

Thanks for the reply. Well it's complicated situation. I guess for the time should do more research about it. At the end no harm to apply without it but definitely harm will happen if he renewed his passport. Cuz asylum and refugee doesn't differ just you didn't proof your case yet . So to convince them I guess he will have to discuss his asylum case too . That's how I saw it.
“Just” proving your case is quite an important point, though.
Well no “harm” to enter without a passport but no point either if you’ll just be disqualified if selected. They’re not going to be interested in discussing the merits of his asylum case in a DV interview - it’s very clear they need the actual documentation to show the requirements are met.

I have tried changing:

===
This page isn't working

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
===

Iam in the same boat with you. Did you finally succeed? If yes what did you do different?