Hi there, do you think moving from Pennsylvania to California can delay more?

485GCCase

Registered Users (C)
I mean, I am in Pennsylvania and working for a compnay in California. I started this job in <180 days of RD. If I move to California....will my service center change from VSC to CSC? Can it delay the process more?
Pl. advice.
Thanks!

Some lawyer suggest not to inform INS about job change, just inform about change of addrss.

In past, I saw a similar case on this forum,
VSC approved the case.

Look at the processing times for the regional INS centers. They give you some idea of how long it takes to process once you move to CA.

GeeCee Saga, even I want to know that would my Service center change if I move from Pennsylvania to California? My lawyer said it won't change but I am not confident about what she says.

Your SC wont change even if you relocate to CA

As long as you are still with the same employer that filed your 485 to VSC in the first place, even if you relocate to CA VSC shall continue to process the App. Just update your address infor witrh INS or ask your lawyer to fill out the necessary form.

I relocated from VSC to CA after 4-5 months of filing 485 and my case got approved while I was living in CA.

I did transfer my case from TSC to VSC.
RD at VSC was same as TSC(i.e. the date it was recieved at at TSC) and VSC did started prcessing my case immediately but it took 4 months to transfer my case and during this period nobody knew where my application is. I did benefit from the transfer but it just because TSC is having big backlog.

Hope it helps.

dont inform INS about the move... let it play itself out... I have co workers who are working here in CA but their application is in the East Coast and somehow got approved without any problems... when pp stamping came, they went back to East for a day or two and have their pp stamped there....