Hi Srisubu:

crsreeve

Registered Users (C)
I am in louisville and my I485 was approved yesterday. I have moved to a new place and am not sure if INS is going to send the approval notice to my new address. Can I take the email approval for PP stamping. Also do we need infopass appointment or can we try to go directly and get PP stamped earlier. I need to get this done soon since I have to renew my drivers licence and also change the home address on the drivers license.

crsreeve,

Congratulations on your approval.

From what I know INS won't stamp your pp without an approval notice. But in some cases (I have seen in the forum) where the notice was not received even past 30 -45 days they were able to go to a local INS office and got the PP stamped but with an infopass appointment.

Hope this helps.

When I went for PP stamping, Immigration officer asked the following document
1. Approval Letter
2. Passport
3. 2 Passport size photo
4. I-94

Since it seems that you changed your address day before and you got your approval yesterday. TSC might have already mailed your Approval letter yesterday itself. Most probably you might get your approval letter on Monday. Check with your apartment manager on monday/tuesday to just get the mailbox key. If this is not going to work, call your attorney and most probably they might send a copy to your attorney too. You can use that (But in my case they sent both the copies to my address)

One of my friend went with his email approval in Pheniox, AZ and got his stamping in his PP. But try to get your approval letter from your old address (I don't think they might send your approval letter to your new address). If not, try your luck by taking the email approval and USCIS website approval printout.

HI Srisubu:

Did you take infopass appointment or go directly to local office for PP stamping??

It looks like there are no infopass dates till April 12, 2005

Post-office guys are helpful & gave the approval letters

My I485 approval was sent to old address. The post-office was holding the mail and upon request gave me the I485 approvals.

Is infopass appointment required for PP stamping or we can just directly go to local INS office & take a chance. I need PP stamping so that I can get new drivers license with change of address!!

When I went for stamping I saw the following signs everywhere. Starting from April 1, 2005 Louisville local office no longer serving without an infopass appointment. So, it will be a waste of time if you go between now and April 11.

Hi srisubu,

Regarding what you said below -- "Starting from April 1, 2005 Louisville local office no longer serving without an infopass appointment", is this only for PP stamping or also for fingerprinting? are they both same offices or different?

I have finger print notice to go to NY, but I am planning on walking in to Louisville office and getting it done.

When I called the 800 number to change the appt to Louisville, she was talking about writing a letter which could delay the process by a couple of months, so I decided to walk in.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
cbman

As srisubu mentioned earlier there is no use going to louisville office without info pass appointment. Just waste of time..

While staff at Louisville ASC seems nice and friendly, this place is so small, which I am guessing is why they are beginning to enforce that rule against walk-ins. BTW they have a separate office for fingerprinting (I think in the basement), and they may or may not be lax about the rule there. It sounds as though you live near Louisville, and so why don’t you just try and find out.

hanging in here said:
While staff at Louisville ASC seems nice and friendly, this place is so small, which I am guessing is why they are beginning to enforce that rule against walk-ins. BTW they have a separate office for fingerprinting (I think in the basement), and they may or may not be lax about the rule there. It sounds as though you live near Louisville, and so why don’t you just try and find out.

April 1, 2005 Infopass appointment rule is only for the 3rd floor (Passport stamping and other immigration related issues). I don't see anything related to infopass appointment rule for the basement ASC where we give our biometrics. For giving fingerprints in the basement, you still can try your luck on wednesdays.

crsreeve said:
My I485 approval was sent to old address. The post-office was holding the mail and upon request gave me the I485 approvals.

Is infopass appointment required for PP stamping or we can just directly go to local INS office & take a chance. I need PP stamping so that I can get new drivers license with change of address!!

Hey csreeve,

I have another basic question. It looks like you already gave finger prints and bio metrics earlier this year. Even then you "have" to get your PP stamped? or if you choose you can just wait for the cards to arrive directly?
Just wondering what the reason for bio metrics is....

Thanks folks
cbman

cbman said:
Hey csreeve,

I have another basic question. It looks like you already gave finger prints and bio metrics earlier this year. Even then you "have" to get your PP stamped? or if you choose you can just wait for the cards to arrive directly?
Just wondering what the reason for bio metrics is....

Thanks folks
cbman

Due to the new photo requirement starting from Sep 1, 2004 (straight face), we have to get an info pass appointment to give our 2 passport size photos, index fingerprint and signature in the I-551 application. Also, they will take I-94 away from our passport. So, without an infopass appointment, we won't get our plastic card.

The previous fingerprint might be for the FBI.