HI Revalidation after ND

rock1

Registered Users (C)
HI all,

I know its slightly different question..nevetherless Please help

Basically i want to find out if i have to get my H1 revalidated here..

My H1 B visa expired on nov2002 and was subsequently renewed by my company. Meanwhile i applied for I-140,495 and EAD concurrently sept 30 recipt date, oct 1 2003 ND.

Now my question is should i get my visa revalidated?? oR since i have applied for EAD there is no need... i am not planning to travel in the near future.. Also is there a rule that i should get it revalidated before one year.. My lawyer is saying there is no need to revalidate. but in case i want to travel what is better?

thanks

Better go for revalidation now. If you decide to travel later you AP. Some countries are also asking for transit visa. If you have valid H1 stamp you will not face any of these difficulties. Along with that you will be also maintaining H1 status. Definitely there are advantages of getting it stamped.

rock1,

Now my question is should i get my visa revalidated?? oR since i have applied for EAD there is no need... i am not planning to travel in the near future.. Also is there a rule that i should get it revalidated before one year.. My lawyer is saying there is no need to revalidate. but in case i want to travel what is better?
---
It is up to you if you need to continue on H1B or use EAD. Its sometimes good to be on H1B unless you have any thoughts of changing employers; this will solve your travel issues if you do not have AP.
If you are not intending to travel in the near future you need not have to revalidate your Visa while you are in US. I have my visa revalidated after over a year in India. But in case you travel using your H1B; you need to get the H1B validated before entering into US.
I am not heard about the rule about revalidating before one year so cannot comment on that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do contact your attorney; as I am not a lawyer; it is just a suggestion with my experience.

thank you for your replies... the other thing is i may be in a situation where i may have to change employer after i get my EAD..(i know my I-140 wont be approved by then..) ..so thats why i was thinking thre is no point revalidating my visa now..

thanks

Can anyone please provide me a sample copy of the comprehesive letter needs to be included for visa revalidation, What it should inlude etc etc.

my email is ips1@hotmail.com

thanks