Hi Jaxen,jim,avtaar and other members can help in this regard????

coolcat5

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

One of my friend is having this situation in dallas, TX.

He has cleared his 140 last december and immediatly his employer asked him to go to Europe to work for his office in europe. Now he worked there for some time and came back to USA .nOW THE PROBLEM STARTS employer do not want to apply for 485 and he is having H1 till next year May.Employer do not want to revoke his H1 or 140.

My friend has a copy of 140 approval and receipt.He would like to apply on his own and he do not want to work for the old employer any more.He is trying to change the company by transfering his H1 and he want to apply for 485 also by using the approved 140 with the old employer(He do not have a job letter).
Working with the new employer on H1 and after 180 days he want to send a letter of Intent from new employer to INS.

In this case what are the consequences going to be.Will he be able to apply??
If he applies is it going to be pproved?

:confused:

Opinion Only.

The best thing for him is to apply for his I485 as soon as possible by himself and try not to make any mistakes in the application or the supporting documents to avoid RFE. Then the best thing for him is to wait 180 days before he leaves his company. If he does not want to stay 180 days, then he should be fine as long as his application is pending for more than 180 days.

This way, he could eigther be approved with no problems at all, or be asked for interview or most propably RFE then he should be working in a similar position and work duties, and preferably same or higher salary.

In all cases, he should apply for his I485 before he leaves.

Similar to your case

Read the thread "Jaxen, Can this case be approved if Filed"
the person filed the I-485 while he was NOt working with the old employer and got I-485 reciepts and passed the big bridge and I hape that if his 1_485 is not unfortunately approved before 180 days he will get the approval by submiting a new employer letter once 180 days have passed or when INS sends RFE, 180 passed no question about Intent

File immidiatly for I-485, EAD, AP and take the services of good lawyer.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=61158

Hello Ishwar?????

Can you please give me the attorney information ,with whom u r friend dealt with.

Here is my mail id sri_kumar01@yahoo.com

:confused: