Hi , I want to know about MS in Pharmacy

Mnag

I am looking for any information about MS in Pharmacy and the universities that offer them in US.What are the chances of getting job after completing MS in Pharmacy.If we have a BS in Pharmacy degree from India, Can we join in MS Pharmacy directly or should we write any exams here in US(Assuming that we have appropriate GRE and Toefl score). What are the chances of getting aid in Pharmacy during MS.Any other info in this regard is appreciated.

No Title

Hi Mang,

I am living in Chicago, Illinois. As many universities located in USA, University of Ilinois, Chicago has MS in Pharmacy program. And I also met the director of gradute studies whose name is , PROF.Dr.Hayat Alkan. She is also from my country , Turkey. She also told me to enter MS, as for her, I shouldn`t fight with FPGEE exams and so on, to become a registered pharmacy. But instead she told me it would be a better idea to go for MS. But I did not want as I am right now doing my MBA and also studying for FPGEE. But, if you have a high score in GRE and Toefl, that`s enough to apply for a MS in Pharmcy in Usa. She told me that new gradutes earn about 70.000 $ a year after they get MS. But that`s what Prof. Alkan says, so I don`t know.But if a retail pharmacist may earn 70-80 `s I am sure Phamraceutical Industry will give higher salaries if you have a MS in the area you wanna be strong as a Pharmacist. She also told me that, if I can get higher scores in GRE and Toefl, then they don`t ask for school money and also they pay u a salary for your living expenses. But as I am telling you , it still depnes on the school. If I were you, I would searc on the internet the list for Pharmacy schools and their graduate programs in which state you are willing to study, but as everbody I also know that when it is a healt related subject Chicago univeristies are one of the best.

Best luck,
Leyla

No Title

Hi Leyla,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I wanted this information for my brother. He is currently doing BS in Pharmacy in India and now he is going to write GRE and Toefl. I am excited to know that people are being paid $70-80k per year after completing MS. As I mentioned he is from India. So he needs H1 visa to work here after completing MS. Are there many companies who are willing to sponsor H1 visa if a candidate has a MS degree in Pharmacy.I am in the Computers area where getting a H1 visa is a piece of cake. Is that the same situation in the Pharmacy field also.I have no idea at all in that field.Any help in this regard or any resources you point me to is appreciated.
Once again Thank you very much for your help and time.
Bye,
Mnag.

No Title

Dear Mnag,

You are more than welcome. Your brother will be my collegaue so it is nice to help him. After he finishes his MS as you would know, he will get practical training permission which is 1 year-permission from INS who got a degree ,here, as an international student. So with his Practical training(Opt) he can work here. And if you have a technical Master it is easy to find companies that will give you H-1. Right now, as you may know there is a Pharmacist need in USA which they believe they believe, it will be stopping this need by 2004 . So there is always demand and need, if he becomes strong in the field of his MS than don`t worry Pharmaceuticals and Bio technology companies will hire him.Like I am doing my MBA , and I know I don`t have that much chance for H-1 but at least I have work experience as I worked as a Product manager in Schering Pharmaceuticlas for 15 months. So I may find something, hopefully . And on the other hand , thanks to my husband being a mechanical engineer as you mentioned he got his H-1 and his green card and also mine is on its way.

So if I were your brother, I would start my MS , but don`t be late for deadlines, and on the other hand would start studying for FPGEE which in case will be at his pocket.

Best wishes,
Leyla

No Title

hi leyla,

u can do ur ms in pharmacy in us. U need to have a decent TOEFL AND GRE scores. There is possibility that u can get assistantship.

pbk75(kumar)

No Title

hi leyla,

if u have any info about pharmaceutical sales representative jobs in usa let me know.

pbk75(kumar)

No Title

Hi Kumar,

What do you think a decent GRE and TOEFL score would be. I am planning to write GRE in April. I already have TOEFL score ( 633). Thanks for your response.
Sonu

No Title

Hi There,

I think 633 for toefl is quiet a good score. As far as GRE goes I have seen people get admission, with as little as 1200, But if you were studying and aiming for assitantship, I would try for 1500. Please also bear in mind that there are other factors aside toefl and gre which helps in you getting admission. So present your appliation and reference letters that speak for you which will aid further.

GL

Ramesh

No Title

Hi,

I am B.Pharm and got admission MS (Biotech)in UM, LOWELL. My better half is also B.Pharm and Canadian citizen(soon to be).

I have few questions here, I appreciate If any body can help me.

Now I am at cross roads whether to go for Pharmacist practise or get into Biotechnology. I have to start from the scratch to apply for Pharmacist exams. Is LOWELL University (UM) is doing good in Biotechnology (MS)?, any bright future?.

which one i should be Pharmacist or Biotechie?.

My better half is interested in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs. is this good career to opt.

can any one suggest me some thing

thanks in advance.

No Title

My wife has finished her BS in pharmacy from gulburga university excepting two subjects. Does any one know, how she could complete her BS here and continue with her interests in MS. Did anyone pursue this path? any help and pointers is appreciated. She is determined to puruse masters!