Hi, I just got terminated from the company

dec11thRD

Registered Users (C)
RD - 12/11/01, ND - 12/12/2001

We went to india because of health problems to my mother. I left message in the voice mail of my Directer (Boss-The person whome i reported to) before going. I also submitted the LOA for one month only. But We were on vacation for almost 2 1/2 months.

My company terminated me on the reason of unautherized leave.

Is that going to affect my GC process?
We both have EAD/AP I got them on 01/01/2002
They have also cancelled my H1B on Sept 9, 2002
They gave me termination notice on Sep 9, 2002.

My wife had an accedent in india. So doctor said she should not travel. So, i left her in INDIA and came alone on Sept 08, 2002.

Mine and My wife's EAD/AP expires on Jan01, 2003. She cannot travel for another 4 months.

Please advise me. I could n' be able to think...

Thanks friends

Hello Friend,

First, try and find a job soon... I know it's difficult but u got to try.. Also u need to have a similar FULL TIME job...

Second try and talk with ur company abt. ur termination and see if they can cancel the termination.

Ur 485 is filed more than 6 months back, so there will not be any problems in changing jobs in a similar field. Plus u have EAD to work anywhere in US and u have AP to leave the country if needed.

Last and most important, relax and relax... and take it easy..

Pray to god that ur wife and mother get well soon

Sorry to hear about it

Sorry to hear about the layoff. You seem to be having more that your fair share of troubles right now. Since, you are past the 180days period you should be okay under AC21 for your I-485. Just start looking for another job ASAP.

All the Best !!

How long my wife can stay in india on EAD/AP?

How long my wife can stay in india on EAD/AP?

Can i apply for my wife's EAD/AP extension when she is in india?

Well it should be for a reasonable amount of time, can't say what the amount time should be..

I think u cannot renew her EAD/AP in her absence.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your problems. These times are bad and one must be extra careful to retain one's job. But sometimes things get out of hand and tragic events happen. I fully commiserate with you.

Your wife should try and return to the US before her AP expires. Since it's more than 180 days since you filed for your 485 you can take advantage of AC-21, i.e., you can change jobs in the same or similar category. Finding a job is hard these days but if you work hard on that I'm sure you'll land one soon.

Best of Luck with everything.

Sorry about all your problems, my friend..hope our replies lighten that heaviness you feel.... our prayers are with you...........wish you all the best.....

6 months on AP.

My understanding is that U can be out of the country for 6 months on an AP....

As U say that U came back after 2.5 months...and UR wife has 4 more months to come back....U might have to try a little hard to get her before the 6 months...
My info is purely based on the info I get from reading threads on this site..

Also..Just get a job ASAP....Best of Luck....

Also..ask an attorney....U might have a way out of the AP 6months too....I just dont know..

Question ... pl respond quickly - I'm trying to get some thing here...

I had H1B and EAD/AP and My wife has H4 and EAD/AP...

My question is If H1B cancelled, Is the H4B will be still active?

My company cancelled my H1 and They can't cancelled H4 .... Am i correct?

Though my wife had her own H1B

But, I remember my lawyer saying that if H1B is cancelled, so is H4. However, your EAD (and hers) will be valid, regardless.

I pray for you. I hope your wife and mother recover fast.

Dear Friend,

It is really a good news that your mother is fine. First land into some job with similar job description. You can try to get your wife a bit earlier. Hopefully your wife will recover fast.

Above all pray to GOD. His kindness on you will surely help you get out of these troubles.

Keep faith.

Bye.

Sorry to hear about your problem..

Sorry to hear about your problem.

When problems come, they come in tons....

Dont worry. You are in a fairly better position when compared to many other people.

If your H-1B is cancelled, your wife's H-4 is automatically cancelled because her visa is dependent on your H-1B visa. So that option is closed.

Since you have entered the country safely, and you being the primary applicant, you have your valid EAD and AP to claim legal status in case of RFE.
In case of your wife, if she is able to come here at the earliest, then the better for both of you. Else, the worst possible scenario that can emerge is that she has to stay back in India(because her AP and EAD cannot be renewed from outside USA becasue they ask for the latest I-94 for renewal) until her I-485 is approved. Then she can go to the consulate and get her GC stamped and come here.

But in the mean time, it will be better if you have the letter given by your company to file your I-485 stating your job responsibilites, job title and salary so that if you find a new job, then immediately send a letter from your new employer and hire a new attorney and inform INS that you are using AC21.

In brief, you are still on the safe side. Nothing is wrong so far.

Just be patient... god will help you overcome your troubles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks...