hi guys its little britain from VA got GC interview on monday

little_britain

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys.

We applied via vitalcheck for my wife (USC) birth certificate. But I dont think it will be here in time. We choose to get it FEDEX so it should have been here before the interview.

I think we wont have it. Our interview is monday. I'm getting worrried however we didnt use a birth cert when we applied originally I485, I130, I765/

FEDEX could deliever it FRI, SAT. or even sunday....

I'm wondering will it matter??? Will here U.S. passport be fine as proof of birth? and proof of U.S. citizenship....

If any of you guys have any advice for the interview please let me know.

We are organising all our papers right now. Also going to make copies of everything....

Give me any help

Cheers

:D

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Day 01 Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) letter dated 5/10/06 (I693 required)
RFE arrives at USCIS/NBC 5/25/06
RFE (I485) received (processed) by USCIS 5/26/06
Day 063 Infopass - 31st May 06 (Informed FBI background check fine!!)
June 20th D-Day EAD Approval email
6/24 EAD Received!!!:)
LUD I-485 8/26/06 – Got interview date
LUD I-130 8/11/06 – no status yet
LUD I765 8/11/06

AOS Interview 10/16/06

Got social security number within about a week after applying for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had the AOS interview, the officer didn't ask for my spouse (USC) birth certificate.

If the officer asked you for your wife's birth cert, just tell him your situation, if everything else looks good, most likely he'll keep your case pending until you submit the birth cert. He won't deny your case just because you don't have the birth cert at the scene, so don't worry.

It depends: If the officer for some reason finds out that there is missing material evidence, he/she won't approve the case or deny. He would tell you that you need to submit the evidence. In some cases, he may give you a fax number and his number( they don't go by name, they go by number). Then you should fax/mail. It is possible that you may not need, but if IO insists that you submit evidence, make sure that get his correct information; ex. phone, fax, etc..In any case, don't worry; it go well...

Does she have any document other than birth cert. that shows place of birth? I think you could supplement with that.

Birth certificate is needed just for the applicant, as proof of date of birth.
BC for the petitioner is needed just as proof of citizenship, but a US passport or certificate of naturalization are fine otherwise.
And of course, if the USC is a naturalized USC, then the BC is completely useless.

fedex will not deliver on saturday unless you paid for saturday delivery. and they will certainly not deliver on sunday. take your wife's passport and take proof in the form of request and fedex tracking number if the IO insists on seeing her BC in the event that it hasn't arrived by monday. good luck.

hi there

im losing hope on FEDEX for saturday.

I'm hoping her passport will be ok alone. She is a born USC. born in NY.

Any advice for Monday interview greatly appreciated....

The birth certificate didnt show up

hi guys

Fedex didnt get me the birth cert.

I am a little worried... I have printed the ordering reciept and the confirmation email. Should I mention it? Or just keep quiet about it?
She has her U.S. passport she was born over here.

Any tips for the interview.... Its a 9.45 tomorrow morning... Should I bring our newborn son??? I have his birth letter as proof.

I'm wondering would I still get a conditional GC even though my son is a USC?
Me an the wife have been married since July 2005?

Basically if anyone has any positive or negative contribution that mite be useful speak now....

Thanks everyone!!!

hey lit briit,

How r u, hope ur int. went well.I received my GC in mail on 14 oct.Waiting to hear good news.

juno