Hi Gurus I130 approved. Please help and clarify

sunnicool6

Registered Users (C)
I am US citizen. I applied I130 for my son (minor) (born out of Wedlock) and residing in India . I received an email from USCIS stating that my application I130 is approved. I called my attorney and informed him about the approval email , and the attorney says from now onwards all the correspondence will be done with my son in India. And I don’t need to followup any thing. I don’t think that is right. How will I send my affidavit of support and what is the procedure for further follow up action. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

I also got a Packet 3, directly from them, but my wife was copied on that email too. so I think because you got it in a mail, it was sent directly to the beneficiary. So you should coordinate with your son and do the needfull. thats my take, but at your risk

I am US citizen. I applied I130 for my son (minor) (born out of Wedlock) and residing in India . I received an email from USCIS stating that my application I130 is approved. I called my attorney and informed him about the approval email , and the attorney says from now onwards all the correspondence will be done with my son in India. And I don’t need to followup any thing. I don’t think that is right. How will I send my affidavit of support and what is the procedure for further follow up action. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Once your case is approved from USCIS it be will send to NVC, also look at Visa bulletin for your son PD. You can call NVC and give them your email as petitioner, and your son email as beneficiary. NVC will send you and your son change of agent form, and your son can sign to give you permission to receive all the information from NVC.
From there, NVC will contact you directly through email and let you know when you have to pay AOS fee, Visa fee.