Hi CP Gurs, Urgent Help needed for Police Certificate!

Nehaxyz

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My Lawyer has received the PK 3 from NVC. I have finished 230 part I and OF 169, with the help of lawyer. So, lawyer is ready to send my PK 3 to the consulate in Mumbai. My concerns are:
1) The Check Box for Police Certificate in OF 169 is checked. I don\'t know
         a) where to get this certificate from, or
         b) how long it takes to get it, or
         c) whether it is even required or not for the citizens of India.
2) There are some minor deviations in my Birth Certificate (i.e. mispalling of my first name), as well as my wife\'s non-availability certificate (only her father\'s name is included and mother\'s name is not included).
Guys, please help urgently as my lawyer is ready to send my PK 3 in a day or two, and if needed I can change things in my applications even now.
Thanks a million in advance for your help.........!

get PCC from Indian Embassy

Hi,
    so far my research says that you can get your PCC from the nearest Indian Consulate, fill in the Application for Miscellaneous Services Form (get the form from www.indianembassy.org) and send it to the consulate. I think it takes 30 - 45 days for the embassy to get back to you, then you can either mail your passport or go in person and get the PCC letter.

good luck

Another Twist

Sorry Gurus,
Another twist in my case, which I forgot to state earlier is that I\'ll be in India, starting first week of Jan 2002 for a project, upto 3 months. So, now I guess it complicates my case more, as I can\'t get the PCC from US. Also, anybody please help me regarding my Birth Certificate as per my original message. I\'m really concerned.....!
Any help/info will be greatly appreciated.........!
Thanks

go to CGNY.org for PCC

call indian consulate in NYC and ask them if they can mail the PCC to ur address in india or to another address (ur friend\'s addres) in US..ur friend can forward it to u in India.
I believe th Birth Certificate is not really required at P3 stage though my attorney has also asked for it to send my P3.
hope it helps..Good Luck :)

PCC are not Mailed they are stamped on PAssport

PCC from Counsulate are not mailed they need ur original PASSPORT to Stamp it there..

Ask them if they can send request to India and then u can collect it from India...

Oops! Good Catch Almost There

Thanks for bringing it to our notice, before I inadvertently misinform anybody else :)

Is anybody planning to go to Jan CP interview WITHOUT PCC ?

Hello Cpers,

Is anybody planning to go to the Jan CP interviews without a PCC ? Our interview is scheduled for Jan 17th and there is no way we can get a PCC before that. Any thoughts or advise ?

Thanks

Khardenavis

Latest Update.........!

I got a chance to talk with my Lawyer just now and have learned that she has received a note on Dec 14, which says that starting Jan 1 2002, there will be an additional requirement of Police Certificate from Local Police Dept besides the PCC from Regional Passport Office (Indian Consulate for Applicant\'s Region).
Anybody else having any experience around this?

Any idea, where I can get Local PCC?

Should it be from the Local Police Dept in my city here in US or the Local Police Dept in the city of my India address?
Please advice........!

I am not planning to get PCC for my Jan.25 Interview @ Chennai.

MY PP was issued at Chicago and they told me it would take 90 days to issue a PCC. Atleast 45 days bear min. We received 14 conformations including my self from Chennai that PCC is not required for Jan. if you stayed in US/India only.

More Updates from the Lawyer

I talked again to the lawyer and told her that Indian Consulate takes 30-45 days to give the PCC. The lwayer told I can get the following forms, and it should be sufficient:
1) PCC from the Local Police Office, here in the city of residence in US
2) PCC from the Local Police Office, from the city of my residence in India
3) PCC from the Passport Office, from the city of my residence in India
I\'m going to get these 3, I hope it helps........!

No Title

But i got a diffrenet interpretation from my lawyer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the announcement we have, all Indian immigrant visa applicants,
whether employment or family based, will require the two police certificates
I previously mentioned.

I interpret the announcement we have as requiring a certificate from a local
police station in India and a Regional Passport Office in India. I also
interpret the announcement as meaning that anyone who goes to a U.S.
consulate in India after January 2 to apply for an immigrant visa must
present the two certificates. But we do not have any confirmations on my
interpretation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Certificates.

I heard from my lawyer, we will nee:

1) PC from local police station
2) PC from regional passport office.

I have the same question.

My lawyer is also not sure of local police station - India or US.

Try getting from Regional PAssport office

Or atleast take a receipt from the Counsulate that u have applied ...some proof to convince them that u did everything u can...