Hi, consult needed.

cajk

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everyone:

My application for I-140 under NIW was approved last month.

But I have several questions about my application.

1)One month after my application was sent out, I immigrated from the States into Canada(August of last year). I didn\'t notify INS about the change. In Canada, I am learning Computer science. The area I applied for NIW is biomedical sciences. Is there any problem to get green card in my case? Since computer knowledge is very important for science research, can I use it as an excuse? Or I have to go back into biomedical labs?

2). I chose adjustment of status in my I-140 application form. But now I guess the only way for me is to do consular processing. Except the I-824 form and I-797 notice, what I need to change adjustment of status to consular processing?
I only have I-797 from INS. All other materials from INS are in my lawyer\'
s hands. Is that enough for me to do consular processing myself? I want to do it myself. The lawyer is too slow.

Thanks for your kind reply.

No Title

In my opinion, it doesn\'t matter what you are doing after I140 is approved through NIW. NIW means that you do not have a job offer, so you don\'t have a job in biosciences(or whatever your area is) and you want to get one. It should not matter if you are studying computer science or working in a restaurant in canada. But to be safe, keep a good story handy for Consular Processing in Canada. If you move fast, you can be done in couple of months with CP... good luck!
JUST MY OPINION... YOU MAY WANT TO TALK TO A LAWYER/PROFESSIONAL