HI-B Extension Processing Times Query

manu1235

My HI1-B extension was file in CSC on Sept 4th - 2006. CSC current processing status is shown as Sept 1st. Can anybody know whats the average time taken by CSC for approval of H1-B extension (regular processing) currently ?

Thanks,

~ 3-4 months

manu1235 said:
My HI1-B extension was file in CSC on Sept 4th - 2006. CSC current processing status is shown as Sept 1st. Can anybody know whats the average time taken by CSC for approval of H1-B extension (regular processing) currently ?

Thanks,

There are some cases which are approved for 1.5 months the same time some of the cases can be approved for 4-5 months.

I saw approved cases with RD Sep. 15 the same time cases filed at the beginning of August are not approved yet.

Some people can not wait and change their cases for Premium Processing.

Manu, is your H1B Extension done ? Ours was 1 week after you, Sep11, and the website says they are processing Oct1 currently and I am worried.

H1 Ext

Guys

I have a quick question to ask, can someone help me with this issue. Current H1 is expiring this 23rd, ( 12/23/06 ) and I still haven't got my 9th year ext.

I already got a recipt for my application. Is that receipt number good enough to maintain H1 status. This may be a simple question for you guys, but I'm worried b'cos on the bottom of my receipt there is clause saying " this letter can not be used as a visa or to maintain status" some blabla.

Guys, pls write to me wheather this is ok.

Thanks,

Yes you are ok. You can even start working on the basis of your Fedex etc.. delivery proof! :)

MADNY said:
Guys

I have a quick question to ask, can someone help me with this issue. Current H1 is expiring this 23rd, ( 12/23/06 ) and I still haven't got my 9th year ext.

I already got a recipt for my application. Is that receipt number good enough to maintain H1 status. This may be a simple question for you guys, but I'm worried b'cos on the bottom of my receipt there is clause saying " this letter can not be used as a visa or to maintain status" some blabla.

Guys, pls write to me wheather this is ok.

Thanks,

Hi sanan,

I just read yr reply. Thanks for yr time & reply. Happy holidays to u .

Mad NY