HI and EAD is expiring - please help

GeeSee

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus, Please help.

My H1 and EAD is expiring next month. I just applied for EAD renewal. Will i go out of status then.

If i apply for H1 renewal, then can i continue to work and be in valid status until H1 gets approved.

Please help, thanks

Here is my view. If you are using EAD for work you may not able to continue to work if your EAD expires till you get renewed EAD. You are not out of status. Try with local INS and explain them that you have applied for EAD renewal and current one is expiring. They should be able to give you one.
No idea about H1 expire....

Thanks again

Hello I485WAITPLUS

I thank you again for responding to this query too :)

I have one more question, if you do not mind.

Extending H1 while your adjustment is pending will not revoke your adjusment of status application, is it not?

Thanks

GEESEE

I think what Raj said is absolutely right. You may want to try to get an Interim EAD from you local INS to make sure you are alright. I do not think you will go out of status anyway, since you already applied for you EAD renewal.

BTW how long before your current EAD expiry date did you apply for the renewal.

Thanks Rajesh Moorkath and cinci2002

Appreciate your responses.

I applied for the renewal of EAD & AP about 50 days before the expiry of the same.

Have asked my company to apply for H1 extension too. ( as a safety net )

Well, my RD is last week of september.... hope to get GC before all these mess

Hang in there all you guys and gals.... the day of our celebration will come-up one day ... :) :p :D

Thanks again