Hi all,

thanks for the details newestuser. I guess now you need to be promoted to senior user:)

Hi brb2,
I actually entered it in wannabe Citizen's interview experience column earlier ...... and essentially it went as follows:
I reached around 30 mts prior to the Int time.
The IO asked me to stand and take the oath , then asked for a proof of identity - GC -
Then she went over the N400 application form - essentially re-confirming the things that I had filled ( Do you want to change your name , kids , marriages , arrests etc)
Then she asked me to write a sentence ( I live in Ohio)
Asked me 6-7 questions from the booklet that they provide( make sure you know your Governor's name!!)

And that was it !!
Took maybe 5 mts or so .

I actually had time to discuss address changes and could also change my photograph ( which we send initially with the application)

I actually received my Oath ceremony date already - scheduled for in 26 days from day of interview.

Hope this helped - it is really a benign process and like someone said - if you have all documents , they end up not wanting to see it !! I mean - I wasnt asked to show any docs except my GC.

I have my oath next week .When can I update my Husband's status for an immediate visa number ( for GC ) ? Do I need a passport copy /naturalisation number for that?
Also , I amgoing to apply for my mom's GC . Do you think it is wise to go ahead and apply before I take my oath as it might take weeks-months before I get my passport /naturalisation certificate(since they keep your GC)?and also because the immigration bill might be passed and I am not clear whether that affects citizens' relatives.

3/5 --Receipt
3/28--FP
5/31--Interview
6/26--Oath -Pending.

I have my oath next week .When can I update my Husband's status for an immediate visa number ( for GC ) ? Do I need a passport copy /naturalisation number for that?
Also , I amgoing to apply for my mom's GC . Do you think it is wise to go ahead and apply before I take my oath as it might take weeks-months before I get my passport /naturalisation certificate(since they keep your GC)?and also because the immigration bill might be passed and I am not clear whether that affects citizens' relatives.

3/5 --Receipt
3/28--FP
5/31--Interview
6/26--Oath -Pending.

Please be clear that despite receiving your oath invitation letter, you are still NOT a USC until you actually take the oath. That means you don't want to send any I-130's or try to upgrade petitions until you've been to the ceremony.... once you have that out the way, make some copies of your new natz certificate so you can send one to USCIS with your mom's I-130, and another for your husband's petition upgrade.

Keep your I-130 filled and ready and send it out on the 27th by express mail! The bill contains a section which says parents will have a quota of around 40,000 and no more will be under non-capped visa quota. As boatbod said you are currently NOT a USC so don't send off anything to USCIS.

Good luck,

3/5 --Receipt
3/28--FP
5/31--Interview
6/26--Oath -Pending.

Absolutely right !!
The oath ceremony - which by the way was a 2 hr 30mt process - had 58 people from 31 different countries which I thought was fascinating .
Just make sure that your name / details are spelled right on the NC , because that was an issue for someone in the group.

3/5: Receipt of N-400
3/28: Fingerpriting
5/31:Interview
6/26:Oath ceremony- NC

My naturalisation was in Ohio , Columbus - the time line was shorter than I had expected .Almost 3.5 months .

Congrats!

By god, that was fast! You sent in the application in March and got your natz cert in June. The response to my last 800 number enquiry took almost that long.

Columbus, that's the same place where someone got an N-600 processed in 23 days (my daughter's N-600 had it's 1st birthday last week). They need to bottle up their processes and export them to other DOs.

Wow!

I think thats funny:) -but not good that its actually taking that long in other centers ..

I am now going in to upgrading my husband's status - we had filed for his GC based on my GC , now I guess I/he will file 485(ADJUST STATUS) , 131(ADVANCE PAROLE) , 765(EA) and G325 since he should be eligible for an immediate visa number .
Is this correct?I do not see columns relevant to my situation in the 485 form .Does he furnish the reason for AOstatus as 'other basis of eligibility'- 'since my wife became a citizen' ?? or is it 'an immigration petition giving him an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved '?In the latter case , he does not have an approval notice -so do I send a copy of my Nat Cert instead?It is confusing and I could not figure it out by reading the other columns.

Interestingly , I also read on the USCIC website that all I have to do is immediately sent a copy of my Ncert with a covering letter to NVC( WHATEVER that is)-like I said - I am a bit confused -

Last edited by a moderator: