Hi All,Job change after 10 months of I-485,Please respond

win4852002

More often than not , I have seen a lot of people changing their jobs after
6 months of I-485 processing but layed off by employer.
Is there any one changed jobs after 8-10 months and because of a good opportunity?If so what are the implications on I-485 approval? Please respond and help.

I am also confused.

Abu_lafya "[180 Days - AC21 Law] What should be the text of resignation Letter" 12/14/01 1:35pm

Why change jobs ? When you are very close to approval.

I would stick with the same company until they kick me out. Since you are very close to approval, i wouldn\'t confuse the INS. Just my 2 cents.

my 2 cents

if the rules permit-do not confuse yourself and take the better offer.
as for ins u cannot dictate their behaviour-they look at rules.

I did for a better career

I resigned from I-140 sponsoring employer and joined another company after 180 days of filing I-485. I informed INS about my intent to use AC21 106(c) portability with supporting letter from new employer.

Question for JKC

JKC, Iam in a similar situation now. Did you have a copy of your LC with you? How did you decide what should be the job description in the new offer? Please let me know.

Yes, I had a copy of LC

My new employer made a letter addressed to INS with similar job description. I also made a letter addressed to INS abount my intent to use AC21. Both letters were fedexed to INS by my new employer\'s advocate.

Hi JKC Did you get your approval yet!

I was wondering whether you got your approval yet ,or received any RFE.Please let me know.

not got Gc yet

i applied for -485 in aug 1999 and didnt get a Gc until may of 22001 in may i changed my employer and after that in dec i have been called to local INS office for interview and after the interview they said they will send a mail and i got a mail saying that they have a new rle to change the employer after 180 days but they have to get the regulation from HC and until then they will keep my case in abeyance. this is frustrating and now scry too..