Hey uscis - if u can't approve, could you at least deny

GCWHEN1

Registered Users (C)
At least it would be good if they deny - we will have a known outcome and plan our personnel life. At least - denial should not take more than Sept 30th. - i spend 4 hours daily on this and may likely to loose my job... and go on bench.

GCWhen

I understand your frustration but i don't think it is a big BIG deal to lose sleep over. We all have our EAD cards and we can look out for other better jobs if we need to. Also, nothing stops you from buying a house or your spouse from working. But i agree that there is always an element of uncertainity with our future in the US (485 being denied). On the brighter side, how many 485s have been denied and how many have been approved...

anyways, my point is that- it is gonna take time and it is frustrating but it will come some day, until then we can take care of ourselves with an EAD!

very very BIG deal

GCWhen

I understand your frustration but i don't think it is a big BIG deal to lose sleep over. We all have our EAD cards and we can look out for other better jobs if we need to. Also, nothing stops you from buying a house or your spouse from working. But i agree that there is always an element of uncertainity with our future in the US (485 being denied). On the brighter side, how many 485s have been denied and how many have been approved...

anyways, my point is that- it is gonna take time and it is frustrating but it will come some day, until then we can take care of ourselves with an EAD!

It is a BIG deal....may be for some one it is not a big deal....but it is a BIG deal for lot of people.....especially Old timers....

Buying a house is big deal.... we have to explain them regarding our status since we are not belongs to Non Immigrant or Immigrant....

Going to home country is big deal..... never know what happens if you are in your home country and denied your application.....(some times without NOID they were denied cases)....in this scenario what you will do ?

Applying EAD and AP for you and spouse is a BIG deal.....every year you have to spend $1500 if you file without attorney....if you go with attorney, it is more BIG deal.....

Changing jobs are BIG deal....lots of companies doesn't know the status of EAD.... we have to explain them before attending an Interview....then they will confirm with their attorney and come back with many doubts.... it is a BIG deal.....

Resigning from your sponsor company is BIG deal, since they can revoke I-140 for unknown reasons....this could be sometimes direct deny your I-485 even without sending NOID.....then open MTR is a more BIG deal....

Moreover you are waiting for long long time and few guys getting approval who came after so many YEARS.....getting frustration is BIG deal....

If you apply AP, you never know how long should be waited.....few guys waited since their I-485 is in security hecks....in that case planning to go home country is a BIG deal....

After waiting 90 days, still waiting for EAD renewal....is a BIG deal.....

So....it is BIG deal if they keep us in uncertainity.....

i concur what clear485 is saying

It is a BIG deal....may be for some one it is not a big deal....but it is a BIG deal for lot of people.....especially Old timers....

Buying a house is big deal.... we have to explain them regarding our status since we are not belongs to Non Immigrant or Immigrant....

Going to home country is big deal..... never know what happens if you are in your home country and denied your application.....(some times without NOID they were denied cases)....in this scenario what you will do ?

Applying EAD and AP for you and spouse is a BIG deal.....every year you have to spend $1500 if you file without attorney....if you go with attorney, it is more BIG deal.....

Changing jobs are BIG deal....lots of companies doesn't know the status of EAD.... we have to explain them before attending an Interview....then they will confirm with their attorney and come back with many doubts.... it is a BIG deal.....

Resigning from your sponsor company is BIG deal, since they can revoke I-140 for unknown reasons....this could be sometimes direct deny your I-485 even without sending NOID.....then open MTR is a more BIG deal....

Moreover you are waiting for long long time and few guys getting approval who came after so many YEARS.....getting frustration is BIG deal....

If you apply AP, you never know how long should be waited.....few guys waited since their I-485 is in security hecks....in that case planning to go home country is a BIG deal....

After waiting 90 days, still waiting for EAD renewal....is a BIG deal.....

So....it is BIG deal if they keep us in uncertainity.....

Alright, different strokes for different people

You can worry about all the exceptions and rare scenarios and makes things miserable or just live though the emotions and take life as it comes....

But believe me, I'm frustrated too but what atleast there are positives to look out for...
Again, this is my perspective..you may have gone through a lot of hardships than I have and that's why you have a different take on this issue...
Here's a pessimistic thought, there are bigger things to worry about than GC, so let's worry about those for now!!

Guys,
It makes sense to have frustration. Things which are under your control make sure you do them right. Like calling USCIS, writing letters to senator,obdusman etc. But don't let USCIS ruin your personal life. For me I changed company .. I bought home($900k :-( ) ..But never let frustration affect me . But it is upto you how to react to these external pressures.

Whether you have GC or Citizenship or EAD or H1B. Bottom line is you need a paycheck. If you think you are really a genius and only GC is stopping you making million $$ that is only myth. Who said people on EAD or H1B can not buy home ? I bought it .. Who said you can have a business ?? I have it..(but not active this year) People who are aggressive and pro-active always come out as winners.
By loosing temper and get your BP raised will only affect your health.

For me I changed company

Probably all employers are not cool employers.... Also not all companies knew about EAD....

I bought home($900k :-( ) .... Who said people on EAD or H1B can not buy home ?

I didn't say we can not buy a home when GC is in pending.... I said it is a "BIG deal" to explain them about your status.....also some of the Mortgage companies are increasing APR (even little bit) if you are not GC holder or not holding certain Visa in youir hand....(I heard from my friends)

Whether you have GC or Citizenship or EAD or H1B. Bottom line is you need a paycheck.

I agree.... but few clients don't agree if you don't have GC or Citizenship.... especially Government clients (security reasons).... I work for one of the top MNC, but stopped to work for atleast 6 clients since I don't have GC....

If you think you are really a genius and only GC is stopping you making million $$ that is only myth.

GC is not only for making millions....but to keep status.... It means whenever you want you can go to your home country and come back without strainful procedure at POE....

I have seen my friend who didn't go his country since AP is pending since 18 months on emergency.....

Renewal EAD and AP is pain every once in 8 months....
Renewal your drivers license is pain every year....

People who are aggressive and pro-active always come out as winners.

It doesn't matter in GC process how aggressive and pro-active you are....

By loosing temper and get your BP raised will only affect your health.

It is absolutely right....

One more thing - in case, one is fired, at least he has a chance of getting Unemployment allowance (some $$) to survive in the short term - CAN HAPPEN ONLY WITH GC

Already my parents/relatives are crushing me - that if i had returned back from US, i would been in construction business ( may be a small one) / doing something else,... settled down in life, enjoyed the festivals (rather than having ONLY shopping to do in december holidays season - winter blues) - rather than typing -- and livinig where there is ONLY WORK, construction and winter.... and the doctor ask's, how are you doing and we have to say - Good - even through we are sick-- Why the hellll should we say "good when one is sick".....Made a big mistake in life.... Ah Ah hope i have a time machine to go back in time....

what about people who have been waiting for GC to switch fields out of technology.

I think it's a completely individual thing. As are comfort levels and why people are looking to become a permanent resident in the US.

I recently got married and at some point would hope that there are kids in my future, however, I don't want to uproot them to move them to another country if I eventually decide I've had enough of this process.

Now some others could turn around and say, but your from England and that's not that much of a change, but for me it was a big move coming here and it would be a bigger one moving back now that I'm married. And because I'm married to a wonderful Indian girl, I would have to go through the immigration procedure to get her settled in the UK. For which one of the requirements is that I would have to prove I could support her completely. Which generally means having a job and a place to live before she could apply. But of course if I have just returned from the US probably wouldn't have a job straight away.

Now you could say that this is a very specific case, and that's my whole point. Everyone's case is different and specific to them.

Let's realise we're in this struggle together and not generalise and make each other feel guilty over our own feelings.

Good luck all.

It is very true. I would agree with the previous comment #11 - we all are in here together for the common goal - gc.

Now how one goes about during the process of getting it, is totally based on the individual's temperament and personal situations.
Even though everyone tries to be as calm and composed as possible during this gruesome process, I have to admit that it is not easy.

Yes, it is agreed that one can buy a house, change a job, and about do almost all the things on EAD as would green card.
It is also agreed that doing all the above mentioned things are not easy. But definitely possible with a little bit of perseverence (this i am very sure, everyone of us has lots of it).

On the upside, this state (EAD) is definitely better in many aspects that H1B. Althought it is a debatable topic.

On the downside, you always have this huge uncertainity thing looming around your head, that you cannot take those major decisions of buying a house, starting a business and stuff like that. What if your case is denied and you have to leave the country fast. Although that will never happen, as you can always appeal and the appeal itself will take a few years give or take.
So, you have lots of time to react.

So, personally after checking the status and following up frantically after a few years and missing all the opportunities, cursing my luck, having all these take a toll on your peace, I have come to accept the situation as is.

Every one of us have to make a decision now, either way, to stay or to leave.

If you decided to stay, then stay. Forget about when it will get done. Keep doing all the right things like following up, keeping on their tails, and living your life. If you can take risks, do all the big things like buying house etc... If you cannot take the risks, then live in large rented places like a king.
Stay assured, It will come one day.
On the other hand, if you decided to go back, not a bad idea. You can start fresh with all this us experience in the home country. I am sure you will like a king there too !

So, either option is good.
Don't worry too much.

Good luck to all of you.

I couldn't agree more with 'clear485'... he is absolutely right..... I am not sure what 'mtreddy' is trying to say.. It's not like you have it, I don't have it kindaa thing.... everybody has it.. that is why we are all here...GC will give you leverage to your talk...You will realize the real frustration when your employer talking advantage of your situation.