Here is our Experience with DORA today

Does this thread answers your questions?

• Total voters
Wow!!!
That IS great piyalove. I wish I had read your post earlier and could have benefited from walk-in FP. I wasted so much time due to this.
Should I go ahead and email FBI after FP? Can someone please tell me at what address and what exactly do I inquire from them? Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou all and good luck!

Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Request

dbqtgc said:
Wow!!!
That IS great piyalove. I wish I had read your post earlier and could have benefited from walk-in FP. I wasted so much time due to this.
Should I go ahead and email FBI after FP? Can someone please tell me at what address and what exactly do I inquire from them? Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou all and good luck!

Hi dbqtgc,

Thank you for your remarks!

This is what we (my wife and I) have done to get our name check done so far.

We are in Texas: We wrote to FBI to all their field offices here and one to their HQ for name check as per FOIPA (Freedom of Information and Privacy Act) request.

We received three letters each from the FBI about our name check request, they all say 'no records' in our name.

The letter we formatted is as follows:

Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Request

To:

FBI Headquarters
DJ Edgar Hoover Bldg
10th Pennsylvania Ave
Washington DC 20535s

This letter constitutes my formal request for information pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts, 5 USC 552. I am requesting copies of all information maintained by your agency that pertain to myself as described below:

Full Name: ....
Current Address: ....
Social Security No.: ....
Date and Place of Birth: ....
Former Addresses (use reverse if more space needed):

1. ....
2. ....
3. ....

(FYI: we gave former addresses of the past 10 years)

Date: ....

Signature: __________________________

I, __________________________ a Notary Public in and for the county/city and state of Texas, hereby certify that on the ... day of ..., year 2005, before me personally appeared Mr . ........, who is known by me to be the identical person whose name is subscribed to, and who signed and executed the foregoing instrument. In witness thereof, I have hereunto set my hand and official seal this day and year above.

My commission expires: ____________

Signature of Notary: _______________

It took them one week to reply to our written request by snail mail.

Now regarding the remainder part of your question, here is more info:

Once FP is processed, it goes to FBI. That is an approximate date of NBC submission.

You can call FBI at 304-6255-5590. This number is for Fingerprinting. You will get to talk to a live person who will ask for your A# and tell you if the FP was received and processed.

For name check inquiry, you can call 202-324-2399. This is an automated machine which will tell you how to submit your name check inquiry.

I hope this helps you:

With best wishes
Piyalove
-------

Timeline:
07 Mar 2005 : Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my Piya in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC

Thanks for the info. I have a question.

Is writing a letter to FBI regarding name check same as sending them an email or both have different purposes? Im curious as to why emails take 6 months to get a reply whereas letters take only a week!

Last edited by a moderator:
See your private messages !

ari4u said:

Is writing a letter to FBI regarding name check same as sending them an email or both have different purposes? Im curious as to why emails take 6 months to get a reply whereas letters take only a week!

Hi ari4u,
Thank you for your input and suport!

My A's to your Q's...

I guess so!

I really dont know why it takes so long !!

Regards,
Piyalove
--------
Timeline:

... Truth will set you free ...

ncgirl said:
Hi Piyalove,
Your timeline got me thinking...I have always read that people who marry within their 6 motnhs granted stay on B1/B2 raise red flag for the immigration.In your case no flag was raised,you haven't even spent your granted 6 motnhs here and you have already done AOS interview and waiting for your green card!!

Someone please,comment...am I not in line?
Thanks.

Hi ncgirl,

... Truth sets one free ...

Piyalove

ari4u said:

FOIPA is different than Name Check. FOIPA only reports if you are under a cirminal investigation as a suspect or a witness. It does not mean that your Name Check is clear. Name Check is exempt from the FOIPA act and they are not required to tell you anything about your current status.

Eric

Update info ...

Piyalove
-------

Timeline:
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Received
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) AOS Processing started

u r right the truth sets u free but whatis the truth here now..r people allowed to file for AOS while still on their 6months granted stay?i was made to undertsand it is dual intention.

Also waiting for DORA

Hi Piyalove,

Well it seems we have a similair timeline as you do (see below) so lets see how we do before the 30 September. :confused:
My wife won the DV 2005 lottery so I get to apply with her. :)

Timeline:
23 June 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas, all forms submitted - No problems
30 June 2005: (Day 07) NOA received in mail for FP/Bio
28 July 2005: (Day 35) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for me
03 Aug 2005 : (Day 41) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for my wife
17 Aug 2005 : (Day 55) Orig. FP/Bio appointment - NOT NEEDED !!!

So as of now just waiting and hoping, I've asked my lawyer to start makig enquiries.
Good luck to all on this forum !!

robsausa said:
Hi Piyalove,

Well it seems we have a similair timeline as you do (see below) so lets see how we do before the 30 September. :confused:
My wife won the DV 2005 lottery so I get to apply with her. :)

Timeline:
23 June 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas, all forms submitted - No problems
30 June 2005: (Day 07) NOA received in mail for FP/Bio
28 July 2005: (Day 35) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for me
03 Aug 2005 : (Day 41) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for my wife
17 Aug 2005 : (Day 55) Orig. FP/Bio appointment - NOT NEEDED !!!

So as of now just waiting and hoping, I've asked my lawyer to start makig enquiries.
Good luck to all on this forum !!

Hi robsausa,
Thanks for the info! Good Luck and keep in touch!
I shall let you know what and when it happens in my case!
Regards,
Piyalove
-------
Timeline:
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 11) AOS Processing started
18 Aug 2005 : Count down ... to GC !

FP/BIO information needed for DORA

Hi Piyalove,

Guess we have a same start.
But I have one concern after seeing your timeline that I haven't got the FP/BIO done as yet. The NOA mentioned clearly that I would be getting a separate notice for FP/BIO with time, place, and date. Hence I am still waiting for the same. I would appreciate if you could let me know whether you also got a same NOA? I understand that you had got a date from INS which was very late and hence you did a walk in FP/BIO.

Also, I see in your timeline that you have mentioned that 'AOS Processing started - 4rth August', how did u see that? Does it change like this on the online status?
I would really appreciate some information.

Regards,
Applicant2005

Timeline:-
25 July 2005 : Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : Interview for 1 minute
29 July 2005 : NOA received - I-485

This is what happened!

Applicant2005 said:
Hi Piyalove,

Guess we have a same start.
But I have one concern after seeing your timeline that I haven't got the FP/BIO done as yet. The NOA mentioned clearly that I would be getting a separate notice for FP/BIO with time, place, and date. Hence I am still waiting for the same. I would appreciate if you could let me know whether you also got a same NOA? I understand that you had got a date from INS which was very late and hence you did a walk in FP/BIO.

Also, I see in your timeline that you have mentioned that 'AOS Processing started - 4rth August', how did u see that? Does it change like this on the online status?
I would really appreciate some information.

Regards,
Applicant2005

Hi Applicant2005,
Regards,

Thank you for your input,

Regarding your query, please read my another thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=184403

Regarding checking status online, you can do it straight or alternatively you can create an account and put your NOA reference number to receive email when the status has changed:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

I hope this will clear up any questions you may have, if not please let me know.

Keep in touch, I am sending a separate private message to you also, please check your email on this portal....

Regards,
Piyalove
--------
Timeline:
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 11) AOS Processing started
23 Aug 2005 : Count down ... to GC !

Hi Piyalove

Hello Piyalove,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I read the thread and it is indeed informative.

But I need some more clarity as to initiate the walk in FP.

Did you get the NOA asking you to schedule the FP/BIO appointment yourself? Or you just walked in. I am asking this specifically as my NOA (received on 29th July) states that I will be getting one more fingerprinting notice separately with place, date and time. It has been 1 month now to the NOA and DORA interview, hence I am wondering whether to wait for the FP Notice, but till when.

Regards,
Applicant2005

Applicant2005 said:
Hello Piyalove,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I read the thread and it is indeed informative.

But I need some more clarity as to initiate the walk in FP.

Did you get the NOA asking you to schedule the FP/BIO appointment yourself? Or you just walked in. I am asking this specifically as my NOA (received on 29th July) states that I will be getting one more fingerprinting notice separately with place, date and time. It has been 1 month now to the NOA and DORA interview, hence I am wondering whether to wait for the FP Notice, but till when.

Regards,
Applicant2005

Hi Applicant2005,
Regards,
I got an NOA exactly like yours, that they will write to me again to schedule FP appointment. I did call the 800 number, they made an appointment for September, so I decided to do a walkin instead, I was inspired by a member of this portal .. MEERS. They did not even ask me any Q's at the ASC Dallas.
I hope this helps,
Regards,
Piyalove

Piyalove,
I read your original message of documents submitted. Very well put together application. I am going to file for my wife's GC as soon as I take my oath. The question I have is regarding the affidavits from friends who are US citizens in the US to prove a bonafide marriage. Where did you get the affidavit from? Do we need to go to a court to get it? Can you give some idea of verbage to be included in the affidavit and whether it should be notarized in the US?
Thanks.

Read this...

enjoylife said:
Piyalove,
I read your original message of documents submitted. Very well put together application. I am going to file for my wife's GC as soon as I take my oath. The question I have is regarding the affidavits from friends who are US citizens in the US to prove a bonafide marriage. Where did you get the affidavit from? Do we need to go to a court to get it? Can you give some idea of verbage to be included in the affidavit and whether it should be notarized in the US?
Thanks.

Hi enjoylife,
Regards,

One does not need an affidavit right now except when you are ready to remove the condition on the GC that is 90 prior to the 2nd wedding anniversary. We only took this step of this kind of affidavit because both of us do not have any next of kin in the USA, only friends and acquaintances, etc. I hope you understand this.

We both did a lot of research on the internet and one of the experience we read is this one:
http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/timeline-aos.htm

the affidavit in full is in the link above but FYI here it is:

http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/affidavit.htm

No you dont need to go to court for an affidavit. You can type it out yourself and carry to your bankers (in our case BoA) and have notarized by them. There is no fee for such service from BoA, enquire from your banker for more info.

If you are US then notarize it here however I am sure overseas ones should also be acceptable after all it's a legal document!

I hope this helps,
Any more Q's ? I can only give O's and S's...

Good Luck!
Piyalove

Hi, guys we are not lucky . We were interviewed on July 21, 2005 for I-485 and I-130. Received receipt on August 10, But our receipt for I-485 says "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOITMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I tried to call 1-8000375-5283 and asked to set up a figure print appointment for my mom. On the phone, customer service asked me to read the form I-797 to him. Since the form says that my mom should wait for appointment notice, the customer service refused to set up the appointment for my mom at all.

I am wondering what does your receipts says about FP? Does your receipt for I-485 ask you to call and setup an appoitment? Can anyone please tell me? Thanks