Help

Tintinx

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering at work during the last 2 years because the GC process. My company is taking advantage of me by giving me projects with very aggressive deadlines forcing me to work long hours, my salary was cut, my manager is a complete jerk as he knows that i am helpless.
I have decided to leave my company once my GC is approved.
What are the steps that I need to take to insure that I don't run into problems?

Any ideas are appreciated

Firstly, you are too close to your GC. So do not quit now.
The whole concept of an employment based GC is that you demonstrate good intention to work for the sponsoring employer. If you quit too soon, and the employer alerts the INS, they can investigate. This is what I would do if i am in your situation. I will work for few months after I get my GC. Then,I will tell my employer that due to reasons like family , health etc, I have to move. I would not burn any bridges.....

Originally posted by Tintinx
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering at work during the last 2 years because the GC process. My company is taking advantage of me by giving me projects with very aggressive deadlines forcing me to work long hours, my salary was cut, my manager is a complete jerk as he knows that i am helpless.
I have decided to leave my company once my GC is approved.
What are the steps that I need to take to insure that I don't run into problems?

Any ideas are appreciated

Hi Tintinx,

I would like to add in addition to what sai-2367 has already mentioned.

-- look out for jobs after you get your GC.

-- Do not quit the current Employer even after you get GC. Make the Employer fire you. For example once you get your GC, tell your manager that you would be working only 8 hours a day. If the manger fires you, good for you.This way you will be able to prove/demonstrate your good intention to work for the sponsoring employer.

Tintinx...
Well since ur FP1 date is 06/19/02, it expires on 9/19/02 and U being Feb RD, there's a very very good chance of your approval in 1-2 weeks....Hang on till then..!
GOOD LUCK

F***** it man ... start looking for jobs and if you have passed 180 days leave the company and join a new one. I really don;t understand why can't we join an other company if you get your GC.

----------------------------------------
I am not a lawyer. I am one like you expressing my feelings...Take your own decision.

Why do people always feed fear to others? Start looking for a job right now and quit it if your employer treats you like dirt. Don't stick till you get your GC. Start making plans now.

Lets say you couldn't find anything and you have gotten your GC, get back to your employer by taking long lunches and by coming very late to work and by taking more time for the tasks.

Go ahead and leave your employer now..

if you're able to find another employer, who is willing to support your gc.

Now is the perfect time...start looking... If you get your GC, then AC21 willnot work for you to switch employers and you have to show intent to stay with sponsoring employer.

I am also a feb-02 filer, just like you. I jumped employer's (only once) couple of months back... even at that time, there were talks that feb-02 filers might start getting approved.. i am not approved till date.. BCIS is very unpredictable as you already know.. there are still folks from Aug/July of 2001 who hasn't got their approval yet...so don't waste your time with a bad employer

Abusive employers/manager would grow worser, as time progresses.. if you're stuck with bad luck, you might stay with them for a long time and endure more troubles... why all this?

Go ahead and switch employer, if you can find one who is willing to support your gc. Its much simpler and safer, than it sounds. AC21 is for your use only. This forum can provide additional info, when you decide to switch.

Don't let your life be played in the hands of BCIS...or for that matter anybody.. take control of it.

Hope you found this useful.

Guys,

Just got my RFE letter. Do you think now i should hang in there or leave before getting approved?

Thanks again

Cool..Case is touched...!
So reply to RFE ASAP and I guess u can jump immediately if you have an alternative..!

good idea vijayrc

reply to the RFE ASAP and jump next if you can....

Again... nothing is sure, until you get the approval in hand.. there are cases where folks have replied for RFE more than a year back and no progress yet...

Start looking, if you find a good employer switch...meanwhile.. if you get approved...find a new employer and force your current one to fire you (you don't like them anyways)

good idea vijayrc

Again... nothing is sure, until you get the approval in hand.. there are cases where folks have replied for RFE more than a year back and no progress yet...

Start looking, if you find a good employer switch...meanwhile.. if you get approved...find a new employer and force your current one to fire you (you don't like them anyways)

good idea vijayrc