Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sishipa99

Registered Users (C)
PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVISE REALLY BAD!!!!!!!! I have applied for my social security number using my eac last December. I was told with the new changes I would have to wait up to 2 months before I would get a number, it's now 4 months and still they tell me the information haven't been downloaded to their system as yet also no written reply yet from BCIS, so they have to send another letter for a response from them. I have recently, thanks to the Father up above, after a long wait received my approval letter and went down there the next day (I couldn't wait a moment longer) to get my passport stamped. Would you believe not even that is enough to say that I am here ligit now, they still need a response from BCIS by letter or by the info being down loaded. Does anyone have any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated? Do you think going to BCIS local office myself to see if they will give me a letter in a sealed envelope to take back to SSA will work ? Or is it a fantasy? :rolleyes: Anyway, PLEASE if anyone have suggestions or had a similar experience please share. Thank you? :(

Sishipa99,

my friend had the same situation as you. she had waited for 4 months before got her ssn. nothing you can do except waiting.

Sishipa99

We had to wait for my spouse's SSN for about 2 months.At that
time there was a post where a person got SSN after talking
to local office and also Social Security office.This happened
sometime in late Jan. or early feb.Do a search and try to find
that thread. I will update this if I find that thread.

Sept13

THANKS DEAR_FRANK AND SEPT13

I am glad to have heard from you to see that I am not the only one in this situation. I've waited for such a long time for the green card and even though I still haven't received it I feel that I am a bit closer to the end of this ordeal with the stamp in my passport. I really thought that waiting for the interview, to receive the approval notice, to be stamped and finally to get the green card in the mail was the worst. It is. I thought getting the stamp at least proof of legal status would make it easier for the social security number. Now I am still waiting. When will it all end? :(

Try in another office

You can try in another Social Security Office. There is no restriction that you have to goto the office in your home town only. Try in another office, where their enquiry might get the response from BCIS faster. But, I am sure that, they don't issue the social security number, unless their computer gets the update from BCIS or get a letter from them.

Good luck
Bob:eek:

Try this option

Sishipa99,

Try again at the local office to see if the record is updated in their
database. Who knows since the SSN guys requested info from
BCIS they may not bother about your application until they get
reply from BCIS. Meanwhile there is a possibility of their database
getting updated.

Sept13

Never thought that this was an issue

We went to the local SSN office and got the SSN # within about 10 days. State NY, date sept 2002