Help!

nightmare

RD December 2001
FP:March 2002
My friend with the above details is about to loose his job.
He has completed 365 days...and its nearing processing time...Its difficult to find another job and he did not get EAD...(Unexpected job loss)...He was just promoted .What should he do?????????????Help! Bad!What if an interview comes and he cannot provide an employment letter?

nightmare!!

this is truly a nightmarish situation. apply for an ead ASAP..and try to negotiate with employer a few days extra should he lose his job!!...offer to do anything that the employer wants till either 485 is approved or ead comes through...if this doesn't work..then he's got nothing to lose but wing it...and pray that no interview call comes....good luck...what are his RD and ND??

Since your friend did not have EAD, he must have been on a H1 (possible way for valid status). A few solutions are:

1. Try to get another H1 (similar job) from another company who would be willing to take up the GC by providing letter of employment if needed. H1 transfer is valid immediately on receipt, hence no status issues. This would be the easiest solution. You should be able to find some companies willing to do it ;) and asking you to work on a project on a commission basis (if not now at least when you get one). Some of these companies charge for H1 expenses too.

2. Apply for EAD ASAP. Hope EAD approves before termination.

3. Ask current employer to help by allowing unpaid vacation till H1 transfer receipt received or EAD approval and then terminating.

4. If EAD already applied and not yet approved, look for a job and once EAD renewed (should not take long) join the new job using it.

BTW, in future post in the main 485 issues forum instead of the tracker. You would get more responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I appreciate your responses and suggestions.I will also post questions on the 485 forum instead of tracking.This system is too new for me and I guess it will taake some time for me to get used to it.
But I realize how helpful this system is.
Once again thx for everyone's reply.

try getting EAD from local INS.

Why not try the same day EAD in local INS office. Month back, there was a discussion that no more same day EAD. But just 2 days back friend of mine got same day EAD from Boston. they made him take an appointment for EAD and AP and wait for 8 hrs ...finally, he got EAD on the same day... hope this helps.