• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help !!!

xPektator

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
If you have read my earlier thread and remember me, its me who had a successful CP in Kathmandu on 26th June. I had written all my interview details. As i was called on 9th of July to collect my visa packet, i went there on the scheduled time but i didn't get mine while others got theirs who had been interviewed on the same day i had been interviewed. I tried to ask them what has happened, and the embassy staffs were not sure what was the problem? They have now told me they will call me up as soon as they would figure out the problem. But i came to know like most of the people didn't get a call and they called on their own .. and they were called to get the visa packet.

My question is

"Am I kept on Office Processing although i was already accepted for the visa?"
(This is not going to be a problem for me as far as my knowledge m ok with everything, i mean i am genuine and everything is genuine on my case and i guess i meet the requirements as well. I am a single, aged 20, have 12 years of completed educations and still reading on college on Bachelors 2nd year)

"Can this happen although people are already accepted and later kept on processing?"

"Do i reserve a seat among the 50,000 number of visas this year?

and there were almost 10-15 people with who this thing happened. so how should we react now? we should call to the embassy or just stay silent to wait for their call..

thanks

This also happened to me as well. I was interviewed (with my wife), then 3 weeks later I was called to send the passports to the embassy. Then, the day I was going to send my passports, I called the embassy to find out if there are any documents/things to be sent as well. Then a lady said to me not to send the passports yet as my case is under "Office Processing". I was very upset with that and then I called repeatedly to find out why . They kept telling me "Office Processing". I honestly felt that the delay was unnecessary . Then recently I called again and the same person answered me saying that a visa number has been reuqested. It means that the embassy has recently approved my visa, but a visa number has to be obtained and assigned to me before they stamp my passport and my wife's.

I was very anxious and I am sure u r anxious as well.

My advice is to call them frequently but not intermittently (at least twice per week), and be calm and do not try to get give out to them ot showing you are angry because you are not getting sufficient information from them.

Be assured that if you were honest and all documents were correct and legal., you will obain the visa, and it is in fact the duty of the embassy people to ansure that you get te visa before the quota limit has reached or before the 30th of September 2009. Good Luck.