Help!!

wling

Registered Users (C)
My husband is a US Citizen and wanted to sponsor me (H1B holder) for green card. I am thinking to do consular processing in my home country. However, I heard that there is a law said that my US Citizen husband must be come from the same coutry as I am in order for me to qulify to go back from my home country for consular processing. For example, if I am a Singaporian, my US Citizen husband must also original a Singapore citizen so that I can qualify to go back to the US Embassy in Singapore to do my consular processing. Is this true??? Please help and please response to my message... thanks!

Why doesnt he sponsor you for a green card in us?

if he is a US citizen then he can sponsor you for a green card in US. You dont have to go for consular processing. The green card can be recd on the basis of marriage.

Marriage based GC

You should have no issue in marriage based GC to process it in the US.
AOS might be better option for you. You get your EAD in 2-3 months.

No Title

Yep it will not be too long before U get Ur GC by applying out here and U can never get out of status so u have nothing to loose if u get it done from here

No Title

I know I can do adjustment of status in US, but I still wanted to do Consular processing because it\'s the faster way for me to get my green card. Do you guys think there is any risk involve in this kind of processing.