• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

HELP!! wrong birth year on the original application of DV 2014

yared114

dear all
i have been selected winner for dv 2014 with case no 2014AF00009XXX.i have filled year of birth 1989 instead 0f 1982(7 years difference)the error occurred while converting the the julian calander to Gregorian calendar (Ethiopia uses Julian calendar).
1.how should i proceed?
2.if i notify this to KCC, will it have negative effect on my process
3.if i got the letter for visa interview ,will this be a reason for denial of visa at the consulate office

thanks for ur help

dear all
i have been selected winner for dv 2014 with case no 2014AF00009XXX.i have filled year of birth 1989 instead 0f 1982(7 years difference)the error occurred while converting the the julian calander to Gregorian calendar (Ethiopia uses Julian calendar).
1.how should i proceed?
2.if i notify this to KCC, will it have negative effect on my process
3.if i got the letter for visa interview ,will this be a reason for denial of visa at the consulate office

thanks for ur help

dear friend, ask the KCC if you have any problem, the will answer you! Don't worry

it would have been simplier to ask google before filling the form.... I am sure it would have taken you like 3 minutes and saving you potential disqualification

You have to notify them and explain the discrepancy. Then you hope for the best. At the interview, you'll have to bring the original birth certificate, and the officer will see the two dates (Julian and Gregorian) on it so if you get asked about the discrepancy, you can explain to him/her.

Don't attempt to lie or get fake documents to match the fake birth date. That's an automatic ban from the US for life.