Help...Would like to withdraw I485

Indian Thatha

Hi folks,

My brother filed for 485 before his marriage, but had plans to get married during the course of the process and amend his wife's application subsequently. Unfortunately, things did not work the way we expected, the marriage plans fell through the crack, Now as the days are nearing for his approval, as he cannot buy time from INS to get married, he is thinking of withdrawing the 485 application and file new 485 based on the same I-140 along with his wife, once he gets married.

I request you folks to share with us the pros and cons in this thought?, Is this idea is functional at all?, what potential risk factors to be considered? or such other points we need to be aware of...etc.

Well, You guys know how painful it will be to think about withdrawing the application after having gone through the whole one year thinking about this GC, checking on various sites for the status...etc and what not.

I appreciate any response on this very much

Thanks!

All your brother needs to do is sign a couple of papers and he is married.
I would not advise anyone who is in the I-485 process to withdraw his application. We all know how stressful and lenghty this process is. Going through it a second time would be extremely frustrating.