Help: Working with EAD approval but without EAd card

I agree with RDMAR02, I would go to a local BCIS office and explain the whole thing - I would bring all the immigration documents and IDs that I have and also 2 Immi photo in case they're ready to give me one.

I got in my mail the EAD extension approval letter together w/ the card 2 months after our company lawyer received the receipt notice.

The approval letter I know always has a slot on the middle left side where the physical EAD card is being placed, does the copy sent to you by your lawyer looks anything at all like that ?

I hope your lawyer didn't lose the card; or, if he's a lawyer working for your employer, I hope he didn't keep your card so you won't be able to work with another company.

gc131 and einuj somar, my employer is not troubling me in anyway. Until now, they have been co-operative. One of the paralegals is going to check with BCIS tmrw. I dont know if that leads to anything.

einuj somar, my lawyer got one page approval notice and he in turn had sent me a copy. I didn't get the approval with card inserted in it just like I got the first time I applied.

Lets see what happens when I go to service center on Monday. Will update you all. I am worried but with an EAD approval and no mistake of mine as such, I am not paranoid. I guess I should have called BCIS around June 1st week instead of 3rd week.

Thanks all for your replies!

Guys - I have a question.
Can one use an EAD card before the 180 days have passed after the 485 filing. If my employer doesn't have any problems will the INS have any? I have my 140 approved and it has been 2 months since my 485 filing.

Thanks.

CoasterRide,

I really think you have nothing to worry about. Just go on working on tell BCIS that you think your card was lost in the mail. Good luck.