Help with this situation - AC 21

eloqgib

Registered Users (C)
I am about to apply for Citizenship. I got my GC via employment. But I left my sponsoring company 1.5 months of getting my GC. My sponsor was going through re-structuring, so I started looking for jobs BEFORE I got GC. My thought was to use AC21 portability and find a new job. I was able to find a new job but had not started at the new job. By this time my GC arrived.

I had already conveyed to people at my sponsor that I was thinking about leaving. Moreover, as I said before the compaany was going through re-structuring.

So I left in about a month and a half of getting my GC.

Should I worry? Should I hire a lawyer to apply or should I just apply on my own.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. the new role was similar to my previous role. I now work for another different employer as a high level employee.

I am about to apply for Citizenship. I got my GC via employment. But I left my sponsoring company 1.5 months of getting my GC. My sponsor was going through re-structuring, so I started looking for jobs BEFORE I got GC. My thought was to use AC21 portability and find a new job. I was able to find a new job but had not started at the new job. By this time my GC arrived.

I had already conveyed to people at my sponsor that I was thinking about leaving. Moreover, as I said before the compaany was going through re-structuring.

Should I worry? Should I hire a lawyer to apply or should I just apply on my own.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. the new role was similar to my previous role. I now work for another different employer as a high level employee.

AC21 is filed when GC approval is still pending. I don't understand how AC21 is related to Citizenship.

AC21 is filed when GC approval is still pending. I don't understand how AC21 is related to Citizenship.

Reading comprehension much?

It was my intent to use AC21 when I did not have my GC to move to a new employer. But GC was approved before I could use AC21. Yet the ball was in motion and I could not stay at my sponsoring employer because 1) re-structuring, 2) already go new job, 3) already told people I was leaving.

Now when I go for my citizenship, can i be deined because I left the sponsor too soon.

Reading comprehension much?

It was my intent to use AC21 when I did not have my GC to move to a new employer. But GC was approved before I could use AC21. Yet the ball was in motion and I could not stay at my sponsoring employer because 1) re-structuring, 2) already go new job, 3) already told people I was leaving.

Now when I go for my citizenship, can i be deined because I left the sponsor too soon.

Old forum thread that might help answer your question.

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?279462-Any-N-400-denied-for-leaving-sponsoring-employer-too-soon

Thanks a lot.

How much time passed between your filing I-485 and the approval of I-485? Was it more or less than 180 days?

It was my intent to use AC21 when I did not have my GC to move to a new employer. But GC was approved before I could use AC21.

Did you get the new job offer before the GC was approved? Does that job meet the "same or similar" requirement?