help with Mom and brother gc

riseb1

Registered Users (C)
1. in sep next year i will have 5 years as resident. Somebody knows how long before than sep can i apply for the citizen.

2. when i get the oath i will submit a i-130 for my mom and my brother(14 years old). somebody knows if they will come together or my brother has to wait more time there than my mom.

riseb1 said:
1. in sep next year i will have 5 years as resident. Somebody knows how long before than sep can i apply for the citizen.

2. when i get the oath i will submit a i-130 for my mom and my brother(14 years old). somebody knows if they will come together or my brother has to wait more time there than my mom.

Please read and search thru forums.
Hint: Your mother and brother are in different prefrence category.

riseb1 said:

90 days before your GC Date.

riseb1 said:

Getting a letter of appmt for oath doesn't suffice the requirements for sponsoring relatives. You shud've taken the oath and have naturalization cert in ur possession.

Since ur mum and bro come under separate categories, which follow different processing times, there's no way they'll be able to come together.

Your mum's processing follows very fast track, whereas ur bro's timeline is about 10 to 20yrs depending on the country he belongs to.

Check out the visa bulletin, which will give u an idea about ur bros' processing timeline. There is a quota limit on number of visa numbers available every year for this category.

Visa number is readily available for mum, time taken from start to finish is the time needed for the administrative processing anywhere between 3 to 12 months.

What about when my mom apply for her GC. Do she can apply with him to get the resident together

riseb1 said:

You can apply for US citizenship starting Jun 07.

riseb1 said:
What about when my mom apply for her GC. Do she can apply with him to get the resident together
OK. Here is how it works.
You are filing the form I-130. That is to establish the reletionship between you and your mother. Then she files for permanent residency (GC), not you. The whole process would take up to 1 year. Then, when your mom gets her green card, she can apply for your brother - family category 2A. That shouldn't take as long as if you file for him - family category 4.
Currently visa buletin (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3046.html) shows:
2A 01SEP01
4th 22OCT95
As you see, the difference is 6 years.
Needurhelp, I need your help: the mom can file for her son, can't she?