Help with I485 Interview Outcome

G8nOldW8n4GC

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to local office 09/27/07.
My interview was on 11/17/07.
The officer requested couple documents from my employer
which I provided back within timeframe allowed for
response.
My PD is current from March.
How can I find out about the status of my case?!!
Is infopass a good idea?
I am afraid that if they took too long -
the visa numbers will retrogress in next month.
Will the online status change if I get approval
although the case is in local office???

TIA

My case was transferred to local office 09/27/07.
My interview was on 11/17/07.
The officer requested couple documents from my employer
which I provided back within timeframe allowed for
response.
My PD is current from March.
How can I find out about the status of my case?!!
Is infopass a good idea?
I am afraid that if they took too long -
the visa numbers will retrogress in next month.
Will the online status change if I get approval
although the case is in local office???

TIA

If u get approval the online status should change. Trying Infopass wouldn't hurt.

My lawyer sent a letter to the officer requesting to adjudicate.
She said that the online message will not chnage in case of a decision since it is in the local office. I will need to wait for the response on the lawyer request.

I would go for infopass as soon as possible. Tell the IO I was told approved in Nov. 2007 but PD wasn't current. Now it's current, I need to go travel out the country next month, then the IO will review the file... might get approved right away, and have the temp PR stamp on my passport.... but that's me.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1877759#post1877759

I think your laywer was wrong on the online status.. my experience is, when cases get sent to the local office, it's then up the local office to make decision. So, if online status doesn't change, it means it's still pending in the local office.... need to push them to review your file or who knows how long it will be stuck in local office.

I was not told that I was approved.
They asked for additional documents like 2 of my wife's very old
EADs and a recent employer letter stating my job description
and salary since I moved from my job I had 140 under (long after 180 days).
I sent them the document in December well within the time they allowed me to respond
by (Jan 18th).

So, I do not know if everything is in order or not.
I have infopass coming Thursday and I will post the outcome here.

TY

Here is my experience with the inforpass (not suggesting you do the same): My wife & I went in at 10 AM, got a waiting number, waited about 30 min. to talk to the IO. She looked at our I-485 notices, said PD wasn't current because it was filed in 06/2007. I told her PD was based on the labor cert. filling date, not I-485 filling date. She asked us to wait, she checked with her supervisor. Came back an hr. later, said I was right, PD was current based on the labor cert. filling date, but I-485s were pending... asked us to go back and wait for approvals (who knows how long). I was about to leave, but this was the time my wife got mad after about 2 hr. of waiting for nothing, she jumped in and said we were told cases approved during the interview, just the PD wasn't current back then so couldn't get approved. :) I weren't aware of we're told approved before but who cares. Then I said we're planning to travel out of country next month, need temp. PR stamp on passports to travel since PD is current. The IO asked us to wait for another hr. Came back and we got what we wanted. Both approved and got stamps on passports.... and we weren't travelling anywhere anytime soon but busy looking for new jobs.. :)

My thought on this: The IOs will do their best to make you go away. You'll have to do all it takes to get what you want or you may miss the only time you get to decide approval for your gc. So, better go in knowing what you want. Our goal was simple, get the stamp on passport, because the temp. stamp means cases approved. The temp. stamp is good for one year, but the IO crossed it out, and gave us 6 months instead... it didn't matter anyway because we got the cards yesterday in mail good for 10 years. :)

Hope this helps.