Help with Birth Certificate RFE

Originally posted by sathyaak
I got an RFE on birth certificate ( Rd - 12/15/2001 ) mentioning that 'Your birth registered more than 30 years of the fact'
Your Birth Registered more than 30 years of the fact

I got the birth certificate from my municipal authorities before I submit my 485. Since, my birth is available in the registration records do I need send same birth certificate with the day I born?

Also, please help me out are there any information I need to provide OR can I get non available birth information letter.

regards
Satya

I dont think you can get a non-availability cert. since you do have an actually cert. issued (although more recently).

You need to attach affidavits from two persons (perhaps one each from a parent). "Standard formats" are available on the web.

You may also want to read the birth cert. carefully. In many instances, the birth is registered shortly after birth (perhaps the hospital notified the municipal authorities as a routine practice). However, a formal birth certificate was not issued at that time, since nobody bothered to collect it. In such cases, the recently issued cert. would normally state an **issued date** and a **registered date**. The former would be more recent but the latter a few days after birth. If that is the case, you should probably be o.k. (with an explanation to BCIS to that effect). However, attaching two affidavits is perhaps a safe bet.

K.S.

I think if you get a sworn affidavic on a stamp paper (In India, the one with 50 Rs. Green Stamp on the top half of the first page) then it should be fine
In my birth certificate "kumar" appended to my first name and in my passport it is not, the lawyer asked me to send sworn affidavics from my parents on a stamp paper.
I haven't gotten any RFE for that yet (have my fingers crossed!)

Thanks for the Info. When I look carefully on my birth certificate, it doesn't have Registered date or Issued date. It has the date when the birth certificate prepared and stamped. So, the BCIS is taking the same date as registration date.

should I get another BC with registration date and issued date. For safe side I am also going to attach two affedavits from my parents and Uncle.

Originally posted by sathyaak
Thanks for the Info. When I look carefully on my birth certificate, it doesn't have Registered date or Issued date. It has the date when the birth certificate prepared and stamped. So, the BCIS is taking the same date as registration date.

should I get another BC with registration date and issued date. For safe side I am also going to attach two affedavits from my parents and Uncle.

Just the birth affidavits should do the job.

K.S.

One down, one to go

Thanks everyone for responding to my queries. Here are the documents ended up sending:

1. Affidavits from father, mother and uncle (originals)
2. Hospital certificate where I was born indicating my date of birth and names of parents. I obtained this after getting the RFE and requested the hospital to not put in the date this certificate was issued.
3. The laywer also decided to preemptively invoke AC21 as I'd changed my employer 3 months ago. My salary and job description remained almost identical but the job title had changed. Apparently this was ok and did not generate an employment RFE (I was expecting BCIS was going to issue one).

BCIS received my response on July 1st, and the status today (July 28th) indicates it has been approved. 4 weeks ain't bad at all (after waiting for 4 years)

Now off to hunting down my wife's RFE which was issued on the same date as mine but the lawyers do not have it yet.

Pardoner

I am also in the same situation. Could U post the contents of your medical certificate without any names. It may help me to get my certificate in same format.