Help with 2nd FP question and job change

pharmboy

Registered Users (C)
My case has been pending since march 03 and did the 1st FP in may 03. So theoretically, my FP expired in Aug 04, and they need to ask me to do the 2nd FP for approving my case? I need to change job from Jan 2005, So my questions are:

1. It is 100% sure that they will ask me to have 2nd FP before they approve my case?

2. My case probably will not be approved by Jan 05, which will be the time I switch to my new job?

3. Do I need to send in the AC21 letter before or after the job switch?

I know this is a little odd, the LUD for my case is 10/27/04, so I am a little concerned thinking about changing job. Any advice is very much appreciated.

1-Yes

2-This is not a question so I don't have an answer for you.

3-After

Since your LUD is recent, you may get your 2nd FP notice shortly.

Good Luck to you

Thanks very much, Wong. I guess even if they issue the 2nd FP too soon, I can still postpone it to a later time, so I will buy some time for my job change. is this doable?

And what documents do I need to ask from my ex-employer if I use AC21? Thanks so much, guys..... better do this before I leave.....

It is typically not recommended to postpone your FP. You can do this if you want by following directions listed in the notice, however, I would not recommend it.

Your ex-employer will have nothing to do with a job change/AC21. It is your new employer and their lawyers who will file the paperwork on your behalf,.

Why not stick your current job out for a while - get your GC and then move on.

You wouldn't need any document from your old employer (except your experience letter).

I guess you would be having copy of your labor, I-140 (receipt notice, approval notice if available), I-485 receipt notice. Even if you don't have these, you can always get these from USCIS using FOIA, which takes few weeks though.