We have a medical question. Need some suggestions

Below is our case
EB3 - India
Concurrant processing
140 RD : 7/2004 AD : 02/14/2005 :D
485 RD : 7/2004 AD : ????? :confused:
FP scheduled 04/01/2005 for my spouse : 04/13/2005

We did not do our Medicals yet.
When we asked our Lawyer, he said that, we should wait until the RFE of 485 comes for Medical and then send the medical as a reply of RFE. Like this the medical will be linked directly with 485 and it will not delay the case.

My question is,
is this the normal process of sending Medical later on and wait till 485 RFE comes ?
Dont know what to do. He did send us the Medical forms and said its our wish to do the medical right now or as a RFE ..His suggesion is to send as a reply of RFE ..

Any suggestions what we should do?

Thanks

You do medicals just before you file for your I-485. Are you saying your attorney suggested that you wait for an RFE instead of sending in your medicals along with your 485 application? In my opintion that's stupid!!

But b'cos you have already filed your 485, you may want to wait for your RFE. Even if you send your medicals now, there is no guarantee that it will be matched with your file.

Even in our case, we didnt send our Medicals at the time of filing. Our lawyer said us to wait for the RFE. So we are going to wait.

Thanks
I-485 ND: March 24,2004, AD: ????

Either you can call it a stupidity or a brilliance of your attorney. But its a usual practice of attaching your medical report while filing 485. In my opinion waiting for an RFE, is prolonging your process by one more month.

infopass for Medical inquiry

Thanks for your reply. Helps us a lot.

Can I get the infopass appointment and ask the immigration officer about what to do with my medicals. Whether to do it right now or wait for RFE ?
Will that be feasible and appropriate?
We anyway have to get info pass appointment for our AP which has not come yet.

Advance Parole RD : Dec 2004
FP : Done
140 : AD : 2/2005 :D
485 : RD : 7/2004

I am surprised to see these kind of attorneys. Probably the paralegals forgot to send you the Medical forms. Since you didn't file the medicals initially, its a better idea to wait until you get an RFE. Thats the price we pay for some body's mistake.

Pd: 09/01 EB3
I140/485 : RD: 08/20/04
I140 Ad: 02/03/05
485 AD: 03/14/05
PP Stamped 03/24/05

willgetthere said:
I am surprised to see these kind of attorneys. Probably the paralegals forgot to send you the Medical forms. Since you didn't file the medicals initially, its a better idea to wait until you get an RFE. Thats the price we pay for some body's mistake.

Pd: 09/01 EB3
I140/485 : RD: 08/20/04
I140 Ad: 02/03/05
485 AD: 03/14/05
PP Stamped 03/24/05

It is not too late. Do the medicals first and send it. Make sure you include the A# which will match your case. What is the worst thing could happen? They could send a RFE for medicals :rolleyes: Then get a copy from the Doctor ( they usually issue free copies) and send another one. This is no brainer...........Your attorney advised you based on the fact that in case if the processing get delayed due to visa number availability, then your medicals may expire and you have to do it again. ( I believe medical is valid only for certain time).

General Info on Medical
My experience: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=881577#post881577

CDC WEBSITE: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with your alien #, you might also include the receipt # of your i485 filing so the CIS can hopefully match your medicals with the original submission. In my case, medicals were in the original submission, but my lawyer didn't manage to send a full set of evidence of my birth, and so he had to send some additional stuff a month after the initial filing. Of course, we could still get a RFE later on, but like Jaguar2004 said, what are we going to lose by sending some more stuff? Good luck with it!

i did not send medicals either

Normal practice by the way...They will accept the case and send you medical RFE when the case is ready for adjudication. By the way, my wife DID medicals at the time of application and they STILL sent her an RFE for the same medicals they lost. So...it really does not matter much.

Thanks

Thanks a lot everyone for your views. I think we will get our Medicals done soon and dont wait for RFE. This will save us time I hope.

idreemofgc said:
Thanks a lot everyone for your views. I think we will get our Medicals done soon and dont wait for RFE. This will save us time I hope.

Well it depends. I consulted my lawyer. He is one of the best here in Milwaukee. He said it actually saves time by not re-doing the Medicals again because they expire in 1 year. So the right time to send is when you get your RFE.

Thanks,

The expiration of medicals in 12 months does not apply for pending I-485 cases according to an interim rule.