Help. What to do, if I don't get my EAD extension on time?

485_MD_10022001

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my EAD extension a little bit late as I was changing my company. I have applied for it about 25 days back. I still have 15 days for my EAD to expire. What happens if my EAD extension doesn't get approved by then?

And how long does it normally take to get the EAD extension approved?

Got my EAD approved in a month

So may be you will get it in next 15 days. The only problem I see is with the upcoming holidays. But hope for the best . Good luck dude. I applied on 9/19 and got approved around 10/23. So hang in there.

RE: EAD

Something similar happened to a friend of mine . this is how they went about it.

If you have already have a Receipt notice with you, you can go to the nearest INS Office and have the EAD renewed there. They did this a few days ago.

This was a INS TSC case , and EAD renewal was done in Charlotte, NC.
Hope this helps.

hope for good

I applied on 10/15. ND was 10/23.. Approved on 11/14.. So, you should be getting it soon.. Mine was an extention too. Old one expires on 12/04

I wish you all the best. Don't worry. you will get it soon.

As far as I know if your employer is co-operative, then your approval should be enough. Lets say you got approved one day before your current one expires.. But you still did not receive the physical card.. that should be ok..

EAD at local office only after 90 days

EAD at local office is issued only after 90 days. That is atleast the information I got from the local office. BUt sometimes it depends on your luck too. No harm in trying. Goo luck man. I can feel your tension.

Thank you all.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait for few days. Else, as you suggested I will go to the local INS with EAD card and request for a renewal.

If both of the above options don't work, I don't know what to do.

UPDATE: Got my EAD extension; checked the status online.

My application for EAD extension is approved on 11/18. RD for the extension was 10/23.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
good news 485_MD_10022001. good luck to you.

it is now pretty much a trend in the last several cases i am seeing EAD is taking about 4-5 weeks.