Help - What is this?

Frodo_Baggins

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got the following message on my wife's I-485 on Oct 30th. She is the derivative and my case was approved on Sept 14th 2004.
Since getting this message I have not seen any hard copy documents coming either my way or the attorney's.
Question for you gurus is, Have you seen this message before? if yes, What does it mean (Approval/RFE/???). Can she continue working and travelling on her EAD/AP which were approved in Aug 04.
I am moving homes next week and will need to do submit a AR-11 to USCIS then.

-------------------------------

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 29, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.
-------------------------------

Thanks, FB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is approval. I am seeing same message for my wife's AP but before status changed to show this message, it was showing your case was approved.

I haven't got any hard copy of the document though and I am still wondering why. So if you get to know anything more, please post.

Same here FB. The status was updated to this message on 10/26. The message says they mailed the document on 10/25.

BTW I had one Q for you. I read your other posts and realized that I'm in kinda same situation as you were - that is (it seems) my I485 was approved on 10/18 but my spouse's 485 is not approved yet. The srange thing in my case neither lawyers nor I got any approval notice (or copy of it). Even the status doesn't show that it is approved. I got 2 letters denying my EAD & AP resp and those letters mention that 485 was approved. In your case, did you see the status change when 485 was approved? Thanks!

Greeka,
My 485 statuses changed all through the process from 'FP notice sent' to 'FP recd' to 'Case approved' to 'Card ordered'.
My wife's status never changed before this latest message
:confused:

Thanks, Jigish.

I just got this info from lawyers. They inquired about the approved AP and the officer told them that the document has not been returned by post. So he suggested we wait for some more time.

On my (and my spouse's) 485 app - its with adjudicating division and their system just shows that "approval was ordered". I have no idea what does that mean. Hopefully it means something good.

Just called USCIS for clarification on this. The lady said I should wait 30 days instead of normal 14 since this might be actual green card. I asked if she knew what was mailed i.e. approval notice..., she believed the mailing might be the actual card since thats the document that gets created on approval of 485. I am completely confused, I thought you needed to get approval notice, get your passport stamped, give them latest pics and then they would order a physical card for you.
If anyone has any ideas/thoughts, please enlighten me - else I guess I just have to wait patiently and hope that my change in address next week will not muddle this case further.

FB.