Help: Was my GC approved?

adios

Registered Users (C)
Help needed: was my GC approved?

hi gurus,

few days ago, i received a letter from my senator telling me that my I-485 was approved two months ago - he received this confirmation from CSC Congressional Liaison Unit.

however my case status online and over-the-phone are still showing "On Feb 22, 2005, we recieved your response to RFE....". plus i have never received any written notice or email notification for the "approval".

could you gurus please shed some light on this kind of situation? appreciated.

is my I-485 really approved or not?

what should i do to get the "real" case status? i have called the NSC 800 number but the representatives over there know nothing more than the website info.

btw i have been waiting for 5 years already on this darn green card thing, :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Call the CSC emergency #. Explain them your situation.

I think you should be able to get a clear picture.

Another way is, I am not sure this is a good idea. Just thinking this might help you. "Schedule an infopass appointment, select 'Want to speak to an immigration officer'. Explain your situation, he/she should be able to help you.

Go to your Local office with letter from Liaison. If everything is fine they will put the stamping on the spot.

Apollo_13 said:
Call the CSC emergency #. Explain them your situation.

I think you should be able to get a clear picture.

Another way is, I am not sure this is a good idea. Just thinking this might help you. "Schedule an infopass appointment, select 'Want to speak to an immigration officer'. Explain your situation, he/she should be able to help you.

thanks apollo_13. called emergency number and the lady refused to help. probably will try the local office, :)

tammy2 said:
Go to your Local office with letter from Liaison. If everything is fine they will put the stamping on the spot.

thanks tammy2. will try that...

Tell your lawyer to check for you. (if you have one) USCIS should give them more information. Otherwise, as suggested, get an appointment at local office using infopass.

WaitingGC03 said:
Tell your lawyer to check for you. (if you have one) USCIS should give them more information. Otherwise, as suggested, get an appointment at local office using infopass.

Thank you WaitingGC03. I will check with my lawyer.

Hi Adios

Hi,

Can you please let me know (or send me a private message) what is the process of contacting Senator and how I should send a letter/fax etc. My case seems to be stuck with namecheck and I am not sure how can I expediate the Namecheck process.

Thanks
Sonpapdi

hi Sonpapdi,

sorry to hear that your case is stuck with name check.

i am not sure whether a senator or congressman/woman could help on the name check thing, but anyway it worth a try.

first thing you need to do is to find the right congressman/woman or senator for you. generally speaking, enter your zip code would do. and it has all the detailed contact info: www.congressmerge.com

in case you have few choices, do your homework and check what kind of bills this guy/lady has voted. it will impact the attitude of his/her office staff towards immigrants.

i first contacted congressman Duncan Hunter's office, and the guy over there was just a jerk. then i went to his website and noticed that Mr. Hunter is very much against the immigrants (legal, or illegal).

so pick the right congressman/woman or senator.

then you should write a letter or send the office a Fax briefly describe your situation (priority date, how long have you been waiting, how many years/months pass the BCIS processing time, and all your case info including A#).

make sure to call them after you send the Fax.

since you know your case is stuck with name check, then ask the senator/congressman to check with FBI on your case status. i have heard that senator/congressman cannot expedite your name check process, but at least they can help you find out your case status with FBI.

best of luck.

sonpapdi said:
Hi,

Can you please let me know (or send me a private message) what is the process of contacting Senator and how I should send a letter/fax etc. My case seems to be stuck with namecheck and I am not sure how can I expediate the Namecheck process.

Thanks
Sonpapdi

Thanks !!

Hi Adios,

Thanks a lot !!. I have done some inquiries to Senator Boxer but so far I haven't recieved anything yet. I will also try the congress man route if I don't get any reply from her in a week. Thanks for the format of the letter that helps a lot.

The irony is Congressman/Senator will not expediate the case but just check. And I am not sure what check they are going to do and how can we be releived with this NC process ?

Anyway Good luck with your case ..

Best regards,
Sonpapdi

hi Sonpapdi,

from my experience, the guys over Senator Boxer's office is great. very responsible, and responsive.

i sent them the Fax on April 22nd, then on May 4th i received a letter saying they have initiated the inquiry to both FBI and BCIS.

then on May 24th, i received another letter saying they have got the reply from INS...

i guess this senator/congressman inquiry process might help us in the sense that if your name check has been pending in FBI for a long time, then the congressional inquiry might trigger the investigation.

most importantly, it should be much faster than us sending emails to FBI (6 weeks vs. 6 months?)

best of luck to your case.

sonpapdi said:
Hi Adios,

Thanks a lot !!. I have done some inquiries to Senator Boxer but so far I haven't recieved anything yet. I will also try the congress man route if I don't get any reply from her in a week. Thanks for the format of the letter that helps a lot.

The irony is Congressman/Senator will not expediate the case but just check. And I am not sure what check they are going to do and how can we be releived with this NC process ?

Anyway Good luck with your case ..

Best regards,
Sonpapdi

Thanks Adios !!

I have tried the email so far but not the fax, eventhough the channel should'nt matter. In the initial email I only expressed my concern and need to for help but didn't provide adequate personal information. Maybe I think I should send another one with detailed info and fax/email it for my own satisfaction and then wait for couple of days to see what happens. Do you agree with me ?

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

sure.

without your personal info, senator's office probably cannot do anything. but your first email should be a good starting point.

what is your priority date?

sonpapdi said:
Thanks Adios !!

I have tried the email so far but not the fax, eventhough the channel should'nt matter. In the initial email I only expressed my concern and need to for help but didn't provide adequate personal information. Maybe I think I should send another one with detailed info and fax/email it for my own satisfaction and then wait for couple of days to see what happens. Do you agree with me ?

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

Thanks again !!

Thanks for your encouraging words. I need them very badly
My PD is Aug 2004. And I hope they initiated the Namecheck at the same time. How about yours ?

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

you should feel better now.

June 2002

sonpapdi said:
Thanks for your encouraging words. I need them very badly
My PD is Aug 2004. And I hope they initiated the Namecheck at the same time. How about yours ?

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

I was in the exact same state. here is what i did. called the emergency # repeatedly - you and a friend or wife can take turns and you will find someone who will talk. act fast and keep pounding the emergency#. make up a @#%^ing emergency story so that they look into your case. i had to do that.

what had happened with my case was, the card and letter were sent for printing but due to a glitch they didn't get printed and if they are not printed (it appears) that the status doesn't change either.

my lawyer (a-hole) refused to talk because there is no emergency (yes i was waiting for 4 yrs). i also took the infopass appointment and they looked at the status and told me that it was approved but didn't stamp the passport since they need invitation letters for stamping (yeah it is silly).

but if you or your lawyer doesn't talk to some one on the emergency # then there is a good chance that you will wait a very-very long time before you see your card.

adios said:
hi gurus,

few days ago, i received a letter from my senator telling me that my I-485 was approved two months ago - he received this confirmation from CSC Congressional Liaison Unit.

however my case status online and over-the-phone are still showing "On Feb 22, 2005, we recieved your response to RFE....". plus i have never received any written notice or email notification for the "approval".

could you gurus please shed some light on this kind of situation? appreciated.

is my I-485 really approved or not?

what should i do to get the "real" case status? i have called the NSC 800 number but the representatives over there know nothing more than the website info.

btw i have been waiting for 5 years already on this darn green card thing, :(

Need Fax info

adios said:
you should feel better now.

June 2002

Adios,

I need your help again here .. I tried the Fax line for San francisco for Senator Boxer. But it always fails .. Do you know what is the fax number that you gave ? You can send me a private message about this info

Much appreciated !!

Regards,
Sonpapdi

thank you california_gc, will call the emergency line next monday - i have time t spare, :)

you have a nice weekend

california_gc said:
I was in the exact same state. here is what i did. called the emergency # repeatedly - you and a friend or wife can take turns and you will find someone who will talk. act fast and keep pounding the emergency#. make up a @#%^ing emergency story so that they look into your case. i had to do that.

what had happened with my case was, the card and letter were sent for printing but due to a glitch they didn't get printed and if they are not printed (it appears) that the status doesn't change either.

my lawyer (a-hole) refused to talk because there is no emergency (yes i was waiting for 4 yrs). i also took the infopass appointment and they looked at the status and told me that it was approved but didn't stamp the passport since they need invitation letters for stamping (yeah it is silly).

but if you or your lawyer doesn't talk to some one on the emergency # then there is a good chance that you will wait a very-very long time before you see your card.

i used the number from Senator Boxer's webpage.

suggest you keep trying - i had such incident before - always busy tone. but eventually it went trhough. maybe try late in the night.

sonpapdi said:
Adios,

I need your help again here .. I tried the Fax line for San francisco for Senator Boxer. But it always fails .. Do you know what is the fax number that you gave ? You can send me a private message about this info

Much appreciated !!

Regards,
Sonpapdi

okay no problem ..

adios said:
i used the number from Senator Boxer's webpage.

suggest you keep trying - i had such incident before - always busy tone. but eventually it went trhough. maybe try late in the night.

Yes will try again but not in the night .. sometime late in the evening.

Thanks
Sonpapdi