Help want to sponsor my fiancé!

Dekha12

SO I want to bring my fiancé into the US. However I have a couple of questions. My dad has a very low income going up to 20,000 but I started working recently and my income is 35,000 However my dad claims me as his dependent. Should we change that ?
second, does household size mean the amount of people I live with or does it mean the amount of people I claim on tax return?
3rd, My and my family also receive food stamp assistance, will that hold back the appliction
4rth, Does affidivant have to be a family member?
5th, What are the exact steps and necessary docs I need ? Is it better to go through a lawyer and the estimate of how much the whole process would cost me in getting my fiancé into the US.

#1 moving forward. Your dad can no Longer claim you as a dependent as you are making over $4 k a year. Shoot youre making more than him at this point.

#2 House hold size means the amount Of People you live with.

#3 a recent policy was just passed or will be passed soon. I'm too lazy to go look it up. Pretty much says anyone receiving government assistance wouldn't be eligible for an immigration benefit. So it's safe to assume it would hinder your application..

Sidenote if your dad claims you as a dependent. From the moment you started working the necessary authorities should have been notified about you now having a job. Uncle Sam will make you guys pay back every penny once they find out your household situation changed.. " you getting a job" and they will sooner or later seeing that you would have to file taxes at some point.

#4 you make enough to sponsor her on your own $35 K a year.

#5 seeing that this is completely new to you.
Consulting with an Immigration attorney might be your best route.

GL

Thank you very much !! And if my parents are receiving benefits and I am not is that still okay since I am applying for my fiancé ? Is it also okay that I am living with my parents ?

Thank you so much !!

Thank you very much !! And if my parents are receiving benefits and I am not is that still okay since I am applying for my fiancé ? Is it also okay that I am living with my parents ?

Thank you so much !!
You're not the person immigrating. Even if you receive benefits, that doesn't matter at all. You having low income would matter, but your income is enough.

In addition, I forgot to mention I live with my parents and my little sister. ( In my culture living separately if your parents are still alive and you are unmarried looks bad) So that makes a household of 4 ( me, my mom, my dad and my sis). However me and my fiancé would get an apartment once he would move down here. But with my dads income and mine combined I think it may not be eligible for a household of 5 ( which would be my fiancé)
Although. once he is here we will not be living with my parents. Any suggestions?

In addition, I forgot to mention I live with my parents and my little sister. ( In my culture living separately if your parents are still alive and you are unmarried looks bad) So that makes a household of 4 ( me, my mom, my dad and my sis). However me and my fiancé would get an apartment once he would move down here. But with my dads income and mine combined I think it may not be eligible for a household of 5 ( which would be my fiancé)
Although. once he is here we will not be living with my parents. Any suggestions?
Do you claim them all as your dependents on your taxes? Adults that are not your tax dependents are not counted in your household size, unless you need to count their income as part of your household income.

So this is where it is difficult. Before I was only working a part time job and my dad claimed me as his dependent. But just now recently I have gotten a full time job with a salary of 35 k. SO I'm unsure how that works?