Help urgently needed: the worst experience of I-140 petition on the board

panning2002,

If you are not from a retro country you should try to file NIW again. You can apply more than once. If you are too concerned you can also withdraw your old NIW. Also I think you are good enough for your Eb1A as well. you have a lot of publications and in good journals. also you have good citations. You have to present your case well. If you need more info or my lawyer's info send me a PM.

Good luck.

eb1a-query said:
panning2002,

If you are not from a retro country you should try to file NIW again. You can apply more than once. If you are too concerned you can also withdraw your old NIW. Also I think you are good enough for your Eb1A as well. you have a lot of publications and in good journals. also you have good citations. You have to present your case well. If you need more info or my lawyer's info send me a PM.

Good luck.

I don't think he should withdraw old NIW. Based on information and experiences of people on this forum there is no need for withdrawal. In fact there was one person on this forum whose old NIW at VSC was changed from denial to approval after he filed new NIW (he didn't even appeal his old denial).

I think panning should go for new NIW and EB1A simultaneously. But do use a lawyer!

eb1a-query said:
panning2002,

Good luck.

Thanks, eb1a-query. Unfortunately I am from China. Please check your PM.

EB1OR@NSC said:
I don't think he should withdraw old NIW. Based on information and experiences of people on this forum there is no need for withdrawal. In fact there was one person on this forum whose old NIW at VSC was changed from denial to approval after he filed new NIW (he didn't even appeal his old denial).

I think panning should go for new NIW and EB1A simultaneously. But do use a lawyer!

Panning read this thread about this guys experience...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173371&highlight=NIW+appeal+approved

Based on this you should file a new NIW even if you are retro. You may or may not be as lucky. In worst case your new NIW should be approved with later PD.

EB1OR@NSC said:
Panning read this thread about this guys experience...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173371&highlight=NIW+appeal+approved

Based on this you should file a new NIW even if you are retro. You may or may not be as lucky. In worst case your new NIW should be approved with later PD.

That is a very interesting and lucky story, which also reflects the unpredictibility of USCIS. Hopefully good things can also happen to me.

I decide to file a new NIW, at least as a backup, while I am still fighting for the pending one.

Okay I dont think the lawyer knows her stuff. I am no lawyer but even I can make out from your thread that this case is pretty solvable by a lawyer half the worth of the money they charge.

Second you very much Qualify for an EB-1 EA. I am a second year post doc and I dont have half as many publications as you do and no patents yet I got approved in EB1-EA. The key is to ABSOLUTELY have a lawyer. There is a reason why they are called proffessionals because they know their job more than we do. Its like you trying to treat yourself instead of going to a doctor. Just file a new petition. Go for an EB-1 EA and go to the best immigration lawyer in the country and pay him the money. Dont care if you have to go neck deep in debt....this thing determines if you are gonna stay here any longer or not....so no use nitpicking on money issues. Beleive me a good and expensive lawyer is worth all the money. At least I felt so. I was so skeptical when I started my process just like you. Then when i talked to my lawyer...he was sooo confident that it gave me confidence. I started collecting LORs in March this year....had the letters and application in by June 25th and I had my approval on Aug 14th. Yeah I was poorer by a load of cash but now its seems all worth it.

Go for a lawyer. File EB-1 EA. Get great LORs.....make a good case forget about the EB2 NIW.

Your message is very encouraging to me. I will definitely find a good lawyer, regardless of the money. Would you mind share your lawyer's information with me via private message since he/she knows exactly how to put a postdoc to the EB1-EA track?

many people think Richard Coasa is excellent in terms of EB1, EB2 and NIW. Do you know him? I am gonna contact Richard Costa on next monday when he will be back.

Thank you very much for your encouragement

kulbikr said:
Okay I dont think the lawyer knows her stuff. I am no lawyer but even I can make out from your thread that this case is pretty solvable by a lawyer half the worth of the money they charge.

Second you very much Qualify for an EB-1 EA. I am a second year post doc and I dont have half as many publications as you do and no patents yet I got approved in EB1-EA. The key is to ABSOLUTELY have a lawyer. There is a reason why they are called proffessionals because they know their job more than we do. Its like you trying to treat yourself instead of going to a doctor. Just file a new petition. Go for an EB-1 EA and go to the best immigration lawyer in the country and pay him the money. Dont care if you have to go neck deep in debt....this thing determines if you are gonna stay here any longer or not....so no use nitpicking on money issues. Beleive me a good and expensive lawyer is worth all the money. At least I felt so. I was so skeptical when I started my process just like you. Then when i talked to my lawyer...he was sooo confident that it gave me confidence. I started collecting LORs in March this year....had the letters and application in by June 25th and I had my approval on Aug 14th. Yeah I was poorer by a load of cash but now its seems all worth it.

Go for a lawyer. File EB-1 EA. Get great LORs.....make a good case forget about the EB2 NIW.

I received the approval notice via email this afternoon, after almost 3 years of waiting and frustraction.

many people in the board helped me during my hardest time. I sincerely appreciate their help.

congratulations panning! can u offer me some help? does the I290B work the same way for conversion from b1 to f1 also the way your appeal worked between going to the AAO and the VSC? My friend's appeal is also submitted at VSC....but he is awaiting conversion from b1 to f1.....please can u offer some help? he is getting quite frustrated and desperate to get any info, from anywhere about whether he should keep waiting....or is he supposed to do something....is he in status waiting for the appeal to return? his college counselor told him he is, because if he leaves the country without receiving the reply, they will consider it abandoning case.....
god bless u!

Great news! you deserved it....
Congratulations.

panning2002 said:
I received the approval notice via email this afternoon, after almost 3 years of waiting and frustraction.

many people in the board helped me during my hardest time. I sincerely appreciate their help.

panning2002 said:

CONGRATULATIONS PANNING!!!!

Hi me@immigration,

I know exactly how your friend is feeling, but unfortunately I am not familiar with the B1 to f1 transfer. From the information you provide, I think his college counselor is correct.

From the experience in my case, I think he also do something in addition to waiting. If the case has been taking too long or your friend was treated unfairly, I think your friend should definitely call the congressman form help. They are usually very friendly and, at least, did a lot for my case. In addition, has your friend a lawyer? He may not really need a lawyer since they may not be able to do anything for him (it depends on the nature of his case), but he can call some good lawyer for free suggestion.

Good luck.

me@immigration said:
congratulations panning! can u offer me some help? does the I290B work the same way for conversion from b1 to f1 also the way your appeal worked between going to the AAO and the VSC? My friend's appeal is also submitted at VSC....but he is awaiting conversion from b1 to f1.....please can u offer some help? he is getting quite frustrated and desperate to get any info, from anywhere about whether he should keep waiting....or is he supposed to do something....is he in status waiting for the appeal to return? his college counselor told him he is, because if he leaves the country without receiving the reply, they will consider it abandoning case.....
god bless u!

Thanks panning2002. he does not have a lawyer, but the congressman idea does sound do-able... i will research on that! thanks a ton and again, god bless u!